Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Black Desert

Elder Arcanist

Re: Black Desert

Many players are wondering where to go now that BDO is being archeaged...

Black Desert Online players protest 'pay-to-win' changes with in-game picket signs

Poof make squid!
    Blog Entries

How is that not a really good thing?

Is there a finite amount of silver in the game?
    For copyright purposes, all of my posts are covered under the "Do What The Fuck You Want To Public License"
    http://sam.zoy.org/wtfpl/
    Noone should sue or be sued ambiguously.

Tasty Danish

Quote Originally Posted by Merrick ap'Milandra View Post
    How is that not a really good thing?

Is there a finite amount of silver in the game?
    Well, they're timing it to coincide with the Black Market vendor. The black market vendor sells every item in the game, including high-end gear, for silver.
    So once you have sold the RL-cash-only items, you can stand at a vendor and purchase the items that you want.
    There's a certain randomness to the items - but with enough silver, you'll end up with the gear that you desire.

Hence why people are calling it pay-to-win.
    "Silver bullet solutions are rare, silver bullet sales commonplace"

Forum Arcanist

That article isnt exactly accurate, this change is not implemented, they just posted the notice in advance. Anyways, people in this game blow everything out of proportion. Take the value packs they added a couple weeks ago, people blew up on that too because it reduced the amount of tax you pay on stuff you sell if you own a value pack, people lost their shit, uproar, etc. Now guess what, everyone doesn't care and people are liking that they have more silver in their pockets. Being able to sell shop items for silver might become completely irrelevant, it all depends on what the items are allowed to sell for and they haven't even said. BDO has a market that has set pricing, you cant just buy all of 1 item and re-sell it for 5 times the price. So if the shop items dont sell for much anyhow, lets say a few million that changes nothing for anyone. You need hundreds of millions in this game, if not billions to get anywhere. Take this new night vendor( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...34o/edit#gid=0 ) , to get one of the best weapons from him you need at minimum 100 million, most likely 200 million. Hey great, you now have the best weapon in the game... it's still useless, it needs upgrading which will cost you hundreds of millions more. IMO, if they level the playing field a little between casual players and the top tier players who have no jobs and just play all day, big deal.

Forum Arcanist

This went live today, like I said in my previous post prices for these items would dictate if this was a problem or not. On the market they are 20mil and under and there is a limit of 5 items max per week. 20 million is not much in this game and that 20 mil item will cost you in RL $30. 5 items a week would cost you $150 in RL and if all 5 items sold for 20 mil then you make 100 mil, not worth it and really not a problem in game. I think people thought they would sell for around 100 mil, but they arent even close.

Tasty Danish

Quote Originally Posted by Shatter View Post
    I think people thought they would sell for around 100 mil, but they arent even close.
    Yep. People (myself included) thought that the prices would approach the 88 mil seen on the screenshots of the KR version.
    Glad to see that it's not the case - and I personally way overreacted about the P2W aspect.

I jumped in this weekend and levelled up to 50. It's a fun game and I loved the graphics and the combat feel. I played a Warrior thingy. Still not really sure howthe game worksbut I had fun poking around. i'm gonna go back and run the main quest before I level to 56. Does anyone still play

Tasty Danish

I gave up on it a while ago - very very very grindy. Being a melee sucked on the "world boss" type mobs.
    Still love the graphics and the world - might give it a whirl to get my sorceress her scythe. Such a cool weapon.

Forum Arcanist

I've played since launch because it suits me for multiple reasons where others would probably hate it. BDO is a game where the more time you put in the more reward, but unlike most MMO's, it takes more time. Also, its really more of a PvP game(even though you can play without the PvP, although you might get ganked once in a while) so if you arent into that not much point IMO as its one of the most fun parts of the game. I have had more fun doing node wars / sieges in BDO then any MMO. Overall, the game is doing very well though, most servers are now crowded daily so its population has been growing steadily.

I'm up to 56 and did a big chunk of the main quest that was really piss poor and confusing. It made almost no sense. I'm working on gear which I want to get to duo at least before I PvP. I kinda like the fishing so I may try a boat. Exploring in the game is really nice for the scenery but there is not much out there in terms of rewards for a good explorer except seeing things. There are few special mobs, hidden chests or any rewards for an explorer. Not being in a guild is a pain but I have not really been able to figure out a guild that would fit me.

Forum Arcanist

Game is definitely not story driven, its almost an afterthought. Like I said its a PvP game, gear and level are most important. Gear and levels take time and work and Silver, you dont get handed items in this game, you earn them. Minimum for PvP you basically need 180+ AP and level 58 with a certain amount of accuracy. To do well in PvP best to be 200+ AP and minimum level 59. 220+ AP and level 60 you will be a monster in PvP.

Game is definitely not story driven, its almost an afterthought. Like I said its a PvP game, gear and level are most important. Gear and levels take time and work and Silver, you dont get handed items in this game, you earn them. Minimum for PvP you basically need 180+ AP and level 58 with a certain amount of accuracy. To do well in PvP best to be 200+ AP and minimum level 59. 220+ AP and level 60 you will be a monster in PvP.
    That is pretty hard to do. 200 and 59 would take months at the rate they give out regular exp. Any tricks for gaining it? I am 8 percent into 56 at the moment. I have duo armor, Jarrets jewelry and a duo great sword. I don't see a good way to get to PvP ready.

Forum Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by DmitrytheWizzy View Post
    That is pretty hard to do. 200 and 59 would take months at the rate they give out regular exp. Any tricks for gaining it? I am 8 percent into 56 at the moment. I have duo armor, Jarrets jewelry and a duo great sword. I don't see a good way to get to PvP ready.
    Best way is to find a place u can grind at a reasonable rate with decent mob density then get all the exp bonuses you can. Loyalty rewards, 100% exp weekends, potions, costume, daily exp boost, etc. Dont worry about 59, get 58 for now. 56 to 57 should go pretty quick if u find a good spot and use exp bonuses. I also play Warrior BTW, switched from Valk couple months ago.

Best way is to find a place u can grind at a reasonable rate with decent mob density then get all the exp bonuses you can. Loyalty rewards, 100% exp weekends, potions, costume, daily exp boost, etc. Dont worry about 59, get 58 for now. 56 to 57 should go pretty quick if u find a good spot and use exp bonuses. I also play Warrior BTW, switched from Valk couple months ago.
    What do you recommend for jewelry? I am going to finish duo armor and weapons this weekend then start jewelry. I can make 10mill a day if I am getting time to play.

Forum Arcanist

What do you recommend for jewelry? I am going to finish duo armor and weapons this weekend then start jewelry. I can make 10mill a day if I am getting time to play.
    I make 3-5 million from 7-8 hours of afk fishing. Just AFK fish at the hotspot in Velia and make sure to have Velia connected to Splashing Point using your cont. points, sell the fish to the imperial fishing vendor at Splashing point, if hes full then go to the trade vendor near him and bargain / trade to the trade vendor, rinse repeat. I do this at night and during the day while I am at work so I make about 8 mil a day from this alone. Also, the 8 million doesn't include relic shards I get.

I weigh accessories on cost vs AP. The biggest boost for AP will be neck, for example pri ogre gives you 15AP, if you can get DUO Ogre thats 20AP. Second for neck at this point is Serap's DUO(16AP). For rings go DUO Mark of Shadow x 2. Earrings go preferably with TRI Red Coral, 8 AP and 6 Accuracy x 2. Secondary on Earrings go DUO Blue Whale for 9AP and +100HP x 2. Third for earrings go DUO Witch. Red Coral Earrings are in higher demand due to the accuracy. Belt go DUO Tree Spirit for 9AP and +3 accuracy.

Personally I dont try transfusion on jewelry anymore, burned too many times. I prefer to save and pre-order. Losing 180 million on a PRI for jewelry makes u re-think your life. For most jewelry plan to pre-order above the highest pre-order price, how much depends on the piece.
    Last edited by Shatter; April 16th, 2017 at 05:21 PM.

I make 3-5 million from 7-8 hours of afk fishing. Just AFK fish at the hotspot in Velia and make sure to have Velia connected to Splashing Point using your cont. points, sell the fish to the imperial fishing vendor at Splashing point, if hes full then go to the trade vendor near him and bargain / trade to the trade vendor, rinse repeat. I do this at night and during the day while I am at work so I make about 8 mil a day from this alone. Also, the 8 million doesn't include relic shards I get.

I weigh accessories on cost vs AP. The biggest boost for AP will be neck, for example pri ogre gives you 15AP, if you can get DUO Ogre thats 20AP. Second for neck at this point is Serap's DUO(16AP). For rings go DUO Mark of Shadow x 2. Earrings go preferably with TRI Red Coral, 8 AP and 6 Accuracy x 2. Secondary on Earrings go DUO Blue Whale for 9AP and +100HP x 2. Third for earrings go DUO Witch. Red Coral Earrings are in higher demand due to the accuracy. Belt go DUO Tree Spirit for 9AP and +3 accuracy.

Personally I dont try transfusion on jewelry anymore, burned too many times. I prefer to save and pre-order. Losing 180 million on a PRI for jewelry makes u re-think your life. For most jewelry plan to pre-order above the highest pre-order price, how much depends on the piece.
    Jumped into a little guild full of real nice folks and did the first nodewar the guild has tried last night and won. It was some intense fun PvP. I did not finish doing the duo arms and armor because I could not sell my 15 krea sword... it just would not go. SO I will need another night or two to farm up the rest. Then on to all that jewelry. Yech.

Forum Arcanist

Jumped into a little guild full of real nice folks and did the first nodewar the guild has tried last night and won. It was some intense fun PvP. I did not finish doing the duo arms and armor because I could not sell my 15 krea sword... it just would not go. SO I will need another night or two to farm up the rest. Then on to all that jewelry. Yech.
    See, the PvP is fun. Sometimes you get rolled like if 2 guilds are partnered up and roll everyone else but most of the time its good fun. The nice thing about the PvP and node wars is good strategy can win out over numbers and zerging.

See, the PvP is fun. Sometimes you get rolled like if 2 guilds are partnered up and roll everyone else but most of the time its good fun. The nice thing about the PvP and node wars is good strategy can win out over numbers and zerging.
    Fuck Sausans. I keep getting ganked trying to exp there.

Forum Arcanist

Fuck Sausans. I keep getting ganked trying to exp there.
    Unfortunately there and pirates are the 2 busiest spots to grind, but there are more places u can go that work just fine

I'm bored. When you explore, there is nothing to find. No named mobs or any special items or exp to get from delving in dungeons. The quests make no sense at all and are random at best and completely incoherent at worst. I don't mind grinding but grinding for no purpose is useless. Pretty graphics... interesting game systems but in the end there is not much to the game.