Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Division Beta

Elder Arcanist

Re: The Division Beta

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Finkelstein View Post
    I found it at 37% off and bought it. Unfortunately it turned out that my graphics card gave me flickering light bug in-game, so I ended up buying a new card, which was not planned at all.
    But that said, I just hit the max level of 30 yesterday, and having playing for 30 hours, I must say that it was fun.
    The world is AMAZING on ultra setting, and if you like that kind of "Escape from New York" type of setting you really should treat yourself to the experience of running around in The Divisions New York city. Its not just the outside that's great, and I think my best experience was actually on a raid into the russian consulate. They really did some great work designing the world, and it makes it really come alive.

The gameplay itself is fun, and the mechanics work pretty well. You can easily play it solo, but I would recommend getting a group for the main "story" missions, and going through them in a team really adds a lot to the experience.
    The story of the base game is okay, not great nor bad. The story seems like standard for a cop/crime/Jason Bourne type series.

All in all I think I got good value out of the game just from playing through the levels 1-30. Whatever else comes after is a bonus I think, and I probably won't enjoy the "end game" gear grind much, as I can see how repetitive it can be, and the PvP in the Dark Zone is not interesting me at all.
    So I'd recommend trying it out, but don't pay full price for it, and probably don't expect it too much from the end game, apart from a Diablo 3-type gear grind.
    I would say that is a pretty fair assessment. I am having fun playing with a group of my friends but I do tend to avoid the Dark Zone and will until they get the cheaters under control.

All hat & no cattle

One thought that keeps popping up while I play the Division, is how similar the game sort of is to City of Heroes. You can run around the city and just happen upon "missions" or hidden items like a crashed drone or traces of former agents from the 1st wave and such.
    The only missing is that roaming the city with everyone else, or maybe a set number of players instead of running around as a 4 man team or alone.

So anyways, if you liked City of Heroes, there is definitely some of that feel to be found in the Division as well.

Following in the footsteps of Blizzard with Overwatch...

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36498599

Now Ubi is swinging the Permabanhammer

tbh seems like the only way to stop online cheating.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

All hat & no cattle

Cool.
    I am still enjoying The Division, but are playing PvE only, so cheaters haven't affected me at all, but I still like to see them taking the fight against cheaters seriously. Based off of previous experience, though, I doubt it has much impact, but maybe it'll make the Dark Zone a little more "fair".

Forum Arcanist

The Division’s Player Count Has Dropped 93% Since Launch

http://githyp.com/the-divisions-play...-since-launch/

All hat & no cattle

Looking at the drop-off rate, it seems likely that many had the same experiences as I did, that it was fun playing through the base game, but the "end-game" is really lacking, and if I didn't have a group of people that continues to play, I wouldn't have stuck around either.

It's a damn shame too, as the engine, the game world and all the little details makes for a really amazing world to play in, but there just isn't that much of a game beyond level 30. Unless of course you're into Diablo style gaming, where you like grinding the RNG for better loot. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Finkelstein View Post
    Cool.
    I am still enjoying The Division, but are playing PvE only, so cheaters haven't affected me at all, but I still like to see them taking the fight against cheaters seriously. Based off of previous experience, though, I doubt it has much impact, but maybe it'll make the Dark Zone a little more "fair".
    I do agree it will not totally disrupt cheating, The hardcore cheats always find a way. But the casual script kiddie cheaters who buy a cheat online are pretty easy to defeat.

Apparently blizzard is somehow making it so even people who bought new copies could not sign up again. Either they were dumb and tried to apply to their existing bnet account or Warden stores a hash of known computes at blizzard. I would not at all be shocked of Warden pulls your CPUID and keeps that on file. All but the most HC cheaters are not going to keep a bag of mobos around.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld