Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: New Star Trek Series - CBS Only

Elder Arcanist

Re: New Star Trek Series - CBS Only

Quote Originally Posted by Mileron View Post
    A new Twilight Zone is coming April 1st.

Other than that...
    I may have to get it for Twilight Zone, especially with Jordan Peele filling in for Rod Serling.
    'This world may be another planet's hell.'{Aldous Huxley}
    'After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.'{Aldous Huxley}

Mangina at large.

Now that the Spocktease is over they're certainly getting their money's worth out of Spock. The past few episodes with him in them have been dynamite.

Elder Arcanist

Is Star Trek: Discovery Doing a Borg Origin Story?

Elder Arcanist

I'm really getting tired of people not letting the writers finish their story before they jump to conclusions. Especially one that is pretty improbable. It's established that Section 31 has technology decades ahead of the rest of Star Fleet. It's likely they stole it from somebody, somewhere. So, instead of thinking that maybe an element of Borg technology they found infected Control they jump to the conclusion that the writers are suddenly ret-conning a Borg origin story? I mean, I get that given some of the other things the series is trying to write themselves out of it isn't beyond comprehension that they would try something like that, but it isn't the simplest explanation either.

Did the borg ever get an origin story? I cant fully remember. I know they popped up in Enterprise but that was technically borg from the future because of bits of the sphere from First Contact that crashed into the arctic.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by FilanFyretracker View Post
    Did the borg ever get an origin story? I cant fully remember. I know they popped up in Enterprise but that was technically borg from the future because of bits of the sphere from First Contact that crashed into the arctic.
    There have been lines in some of the shows and things that suggest they are thousands of years old.

I have always had a headcanon theory that they are a society that took augmentation too far, And maybe when they jumped to using nanotech to augment more something went wrong and the hardware took over.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Elder Arcanist
    Junior Alt-a-holic
    Blog Entries

Before The Internet, I had headcanon that the Borg were created when Decker and Ilia merged with V'ger.

"Join with the creator" became "assimilate".

In the Star Trek Destiny novel series it's laid out that they were accidentally created by a race called the Caeliar through bootstrap time travel.

Ellsworth M. Toohey

The Borg were created when a random Vulcan hooked up with a blow-up doll during pon farr.

Mangina at large.

Is Dave Cullen doing a video explaining why jumping to ill-founded conclusions makes for piss-poor "content"?!? See my video to find out more, and be sure to subscribe!

Should be interesting to see where they go from here. The time they jump to is even beyond the Temporal Cold War, assuming they hit the right time. So they will be surrounded by tech much more advanced than what they have, assuming the Federation (or civilization in general) survives to that time. Where no one has gone before!