Lost Bard
    Even More Lost Bard

Re: Legion

That's the new plan.

Elder Arcanist
    Junior Alt-a-holic
    Blog Entries

Well, I didn't do much of any 7.3 "actual prep" other than cleaning out my "main-alt's" bags.

I did get my 12th 110, finished Legendary Campaign last week, finished the 12th class mount a few days ago.

Also, I got Concordance on all three Paladin specs, Demo 'Lock, BM Hunter (for the Power Ascended bonus, naturally), and Guardian Druid (though no bonus.).
    Got very close on Frost Mage, Fury Warrior, Disc Priest, Blood DK (all at the 51 level mark, working towards the last 520m). Not so close on Outlaw Rogue, Havoc DH, Elem Shaman, WW Monk. (Maybe at the 50/pre-400m mark).

I went around and bought the 7500-Nethershard Repurposed Fel Focuser, bought a few upgrades on things that were slacking (like the 760 relic on my monk, for example), cleared out what I could of the Echoes of Battle (finished a couple sets as well).

Since I haven't paid much attention to tradeskill stuff for the new patch, I hope it's not tied to what came before - what I mean is, I hope by not finishing the existing questlines I won't get screwed out of doing the upcoming ones. We'll see, I guess. With as f'ed as tradeskills have been this expansion, my gut says "probably will be".

No prison can hold me!

No, the new tradeskill quests are independent of the old ones.
    ------------------------------------------
    I *AM* the Chinpokomon master!

Elder Arcanist
    Junior Alt-a-holic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Schezar View Post
    No, the new tradeskill quests are independent of the old ones.
    I have not yet seen any of the tailoring or jewelcrafting quests (and according to what I'm reading on Reddit, no one else has either, also for engineering).

Be funny/sucktastic if they were bugged.

Kinky Euro

WH12-B4NG

could that be a hint at a certain forum member? Stumbled upon him in the priest mount quest. Maybe it's a pretty common name though.

No prison can hold me!

Blizz being the rocket surgeons they always are, added a new emissary today without making sure that people could actually, you know, complete it. Fun times.

Also, their community rep has once again reminded everyone that their heads are still lodged firmly up their asses about flying. Yes, it's so much fun wading through pack after pack of mobs to move from one quest area to the next. Maybe the crabs from Pandaria can come shit out some seashells again so we can move without being gang raped? Or maybe people will just cancel again.
    ------------------------------------------
    I *AM* the Chinpokomon master!

Elder Arcanist
    Junior Alt-a-holic
    Blog Entries

Blizz being the rocket surgeons they always are, added a new emissary today without making sure that people could actually, you know, complete it. Fun times.
    Emissaries are valid for 2 days.
    There was no point to the change other than to cater to instant-completionist people who didn't want to wait 1-3 WQ resets for a few more quests.

Kinky Euro

I had four wqs up but I think I was a day late anyway.

Forum Sorcerer

Also, their community rep has once again reminded everyone that their heads are still lodged firmly up their asses about flying.
    This. It's amazing how utterly fixated on stupid Blizzard is about flying. OK, make us wait until max level or maybe a few weeks past the launch of new content while we quest, but it's so insane not planning on letting us fly when content gets old. The sole reason I've quite late in the last 2 expansions was lack of, or late arrival of, flying.

Tasty Danish

The issue is also the zones that they don't permit flying in: Timeless Isle worked OK-ish without flying because it was somewhat open, and you could navigate pretty seamlessly around the island.
    Yes, sure, you had to navigate up the hill and over the bridge, and you sometimes lost "RARE SPAWNED HERE!"-calls because of it.

But this Blades Edge-style, nooks and crannies-infested piece of rock-crap? No fun navigating that.

I read the flying statements, and this part REALLY irks me:
    Quote Originally Posted by Devs
    "maybe you shouldn't be able to fly around and skip all the content when new areas are released".
    Emphasis mine.

"skip all the content"? Getting annoyed at pathing is not content - it's just annoyance that makes me play less. Involved quests - THAT is content, and I can't SKIP those. I can get to point X via flying, sure, but if you WANT me to fight to the place - put me in a Warframe like the questline that just opened. Straight to the fighting!

Jeez.

Two other good points:
    Quote Originally Posted by People asking devs questions
    And how much of the terrain in Isle of Quel Denas was made to intentionally impede you? in Timeless Isle?
    TBH if blizz made the whistle usable on argus to take you to the nearest port that'd be cool. They did, but gated it behind a reputation.
    I made the same point above: Less impediment in zones, kkthxplz. And I TRULY don't understand why the Argus-functioning-whistle is gated behind reputation. It should be unlocked with the very first questchain in Argus.
    Last edited by Dawlin; September 8th, 2017 at 10:20 AM.
    "Silver bullet solutions are rare, silver bullet sales commonplace"

Mangina at large.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawlin
    But this Blades Edge-style, nooks and crannies-infested piece of rock-crap? No fun navigating that.
    Dark Legacy knows your pain.

http://www.darklegacycomics.com/598

Tasty Danish

Quote Originally Posted by Delores Mulva View Post
    Dark Legacy knows your pain.

http://www.darklegacycomics.com/598
    Yep. Plus some of the bosses don't give WQ credit if you kill them were they spawn - you have to kindasorta stand in another spot and hope that your group kills the boss while you leech.
    "Silver bullet solutions are rare, silver bullet sales commonplace"

Elder Arcanist
    Junior Alt-a-holic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dawlin View Post
    Yep. Plus some of the bosses don't give WQ credit if you kill them were they spawn - you have to kindasorta stand in another spot and hope that your group kills the boss while you leech.
    The one guy that spawns right near Haddox and Raddix (Lieutenant Something?) often doesn't, so I need to drag him a few feet off his center circle when I solo him. I joined a group with the WQ active, the WQ prompt went away, I taunted him towards me where the WQ activated, got yelled at, then the group leader kicked me.

I rejoined the group when I managed to get the WQ active again, and just plinked at him with Judgment and Blade.

There is WQ in some cave with one of those imp mohter things and that is about 50/50 on crediting.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Forum Sorcerer

I forget which Argus boss it was, but I killed it 3 or 4 times in a row without getting credit before just relogging and then getting credit. Funny.

Elder Arcanist
    Junior Alt-a-holic
    Blog Entries

With today (and tomorrow/EU) resets, Argus Waystones are gone, requiring instead 3 regular invasion portals to be eligible for the Greater.

Also, Argussian Reach Emissary is back to 4 now that the full Mac'Aree zone is unlocked.