Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Legion

Mangina at large.

Re: Legion

Makes sense. A fair number of people who no longer play WoW will be cashing in their gold for battle.net currency via tokens. I'm tempted to do it, if I can do it without paying Blizzard a single dollar (I'm religious about being free to play in Hearthstone). Should be interesting to see if it's a permanent shift, or just a blip from all the gold cashing.

Tasty Danish

The EU token peaked at 200k today. I have a token on the AH, I have no idea how much it will end up being worth.
    "Silver bullet solutions are rare, silver bullet sales commonplace"

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Dawlin View Post
    The EU token peaked at 200k today. I have a token on the AH, I have no idea how much it will end up being worth.
    Chinese realms went near 300k last i checked. Kind of insane. When I did check, US tokens were down in low 90s.

Mangina at large.

They were in the 90's when I was on. Yes, I was in WoW. I feel dirty. I have 30 days to scoop up as much gold as my alts have, and convert it to tokens. One thing that should help: all the pre-nerf salvage crates I have still churn out uncommon and better items, and each of the alts have around 50 of the things. So I should be able to get some transmog things to sell, assuming those still sell.

Formerly: Baelan Shadowbane
    Mad Vizier
    Devil Dog

Quote Originally Posted by Delores Mulva View Post
    They were in the 90's when I was on. Yes, I was in WoW. I feel dirty. I have 30 days to scoop up as much gold as my alts have, and convert it to tokens. One thing that should help: all the pre-nerf salvage crates I have still churn out uncommon and better items, and each of the alts have around 50 of the things. So I should be able to get some transmog things to sell, assuming those still sell.
    I have screencaps.

Just sayin'

"With your shield, or on it"

Elder Arcanist
    Junior Alt-a-holic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Chinese realms went near 300k last i checked. Kind of insane. When I did check, US tokens were down in low 90s.
    US hit 110 or so when I last checked last night, and are down to under 70 this morning... so far.

Mangina at large.

I hope the people who are still playing flood the market with them to try and soak up the piles of gold that will be coming. I've got 900 K before I sell anything, and I want to turn that into as much Blizzard cash as possible.

Ugh, I need to go download mods. FML.

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Mileron View Post
    US hit 110 or so when I last checked last night, and are down to under 70 this morning... so far.
    70 wouldn't be too bad at all!

Side note, anyone collecting charms for the love boat toy?

Tasty Danish

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    70 wouldn't be too bad at all!

Side note, anyone collecting charms for the love boat toy?
    I've stopped collecting the charms after I finished my second round of Long, Strange Trip (back when I couldn't do three order hall missions to make 5k gold ). I do the occasional extra thing, like collecting the worthless 830 neck and using it for the achievement. But no collecting. Had enough of that - and I'm not even CLOSE to close to some of the toy achievements.

Mangina at large.

Ok, so since I've been poking around with this might as well relay what I've learned.

Battle.net balance from tokens: works very easy. Buy the token in-game, click on it in-game, and a dialogue pops up that gives you the option of either applying it to game time or Battle.net balance. If you pick balance, it shows you how much balance you have before and after the transaction, confirms that you want to do this, then sends you a confirmation e-mail with the same information.

Each token is worth $15 balance (North America). THERE ARE CAPS ON HOW MUCH BALANCE YOU CAN HAVE. If you have an authenticator, you can have up to $350 balance. If you do not, you can only have up to $110. You can't buy stuff from the Gear store with your balance - that includes the physical authenticator. I'm thinking that if I manage to get close to the cap, I'll just spend some on Hearthstone packs to make room. I just bought the Hearthstone Welcome Bundle with balance - it was literally the first option the game gave me. One exploit they specifically caught: you also can't buy subscriptions with balance, although you can buy game time. So no getting tokens, convert to balance, have a long-term sub that's under $15 per month average, and use the balance to get more than one month per token.

I've been surprised by how much cash or cash-equivalent I have salted away on the alts. Actual gold? Yup, have a ton. 1000+ pet charms, which can be converted to toys and pets that sell for thousands? Yup. Tons of the soulbound Draenor tradeskill mats, which can be converted to stuff to sell (like the 300+ Darkmoon Faire cards I made last night)? Yup. Rare cageable pets? Yup. Haunted Mementos (8) and a Jaina's Necklace? Yup. 550 of the old salvage crates, which still produce transmog greens? Yup. Old mats? Yup. Selling transmog crap from Void Storage to the vendor, since now it's in the appearance tab? Yup. I even loaded Handy Notes - Draenor Treasures because, with flying (which I was qualified to do but never did before quitting), I can go directly to all the cash treasures and scoop them up fast. Cha-ching!

Mangina at large.

And a crossover post from politics: when Steve Bannon was with Goldman Sachs, he got GS to invest $60 million in IGE, the original gold farmers of WoW, and he was CEO of IGE after it was sued into rebranding:

https://www.wired.com/2016/09/trumps...rcraft-career/

Mangina at large.

Put 340 pets from my pet collection on the AH today. The one that hurt was the bunny sold by the little girl in Dun Morogh. Nothing cheaper than 2 K, 21 of them are 50 K+ pets - TCG, that pet from the anniversary Ragnaros, etc. I sold ten of them while I was posting them.

Mad Vizier
    Devil Dog

Put 340 pets from my pet collection on the AH today. The one that hurt was the bunny sold by the little girl in Dun Morogh. Nothing cheaper than 2 K, 21 of them are 50 K+ pets - TCG, that pet from the anniversary Ragnaros, etc. I sold ten of them while I was posting them.
    Nice

Mangina at large.

Yeah, 265 K overnight. The pets are working out well.

Elder Arcanist

Spent last night collecting bone fragments...

WoWScrnShot_021517_213546.jpg

Tasty Danish

Gratz man, awesome look

Mad Vizier
    Devil Dog

Quote Originally Posted by Ackar View Post
    Spent last night collecting bone fragments...

WoWScrnShot_021517_213546.jpg
    Nice!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Kinky Euro

nice. i need to get me a spirit moose too so i can copy that.

did gara on my hunter today and ran into silthide while collecting things. what a pleasant surprise, +1 mounts

on the downside, swift zulian tiger was at 5.6 million bid in the bmah with under 30 minutes remaining. that's a lot of bnet balance. sad and glad that i don't have the gold at the same time.

Mangina at large.

The begging has started: the people still left in my guild trying to get me to give them gold and/or buy my gold with "gift card codes" and the like. Ugh. I should never have mentioned how I'm doing with the AH stuff (up to 2 M gold, including amounts already spent on tokens).

Tasty Danish

The begging has started: the people still left in my guild trying to get me to give them gold and/or buy my gold with "gift card codes" and the like. Ugh. I should never have mentioned how I'm doing with the AH stuff (up to 2 M gold, including amounts already spent on tokens).
    Odd behavior. It's directly translatable to RL money now - I don't go begging my acquaintances/friends for money. I can't believe they'd do that either in real life. Sorry to hear that