Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cities: Skylines

99% Bacon Free
    Blog Entries

Re: Cities: Skylines

You need a new game.

Elder Arcanist

Here's an interesting video on making the most of your industrial zones...

The channel has several other good tutorials.

Last edited by Ackar; November 1st, 2015 at 02:08 AM.

Elder Arcanist

Cities: Skylines Snowfall Has been Announced

In Snowfall, the difficulty heats up when the city cools down, thanks to a new in-game temperature reading that will have residents bundling up for warmth when the weather outside is frightful.
    Cosmetic weather, including rain and fog, will be added to Cities: Skylines as part of a free update, along with other features to be announced soon. Players who own Snowfall will get to face new challenges such as ensuring that their city infrastructure can handle seasonal heating demands – and, when the snow starts falling, that the roads can stay clear. New snowplow services will be required to prevent traffic from freezing in place, while new all-weather trams and expanded public transit options can help residents and visitors alike get around town – and visit the new winter parks and landmarks available in Snowfall.

Snowfall will include:

•Now is the Winter of This Content: Rain and fog for existing maps, plus a new “Winter” map theme with snow and all of its challenges.
    •The Streetcars You Desire: Expanded public transportation options, including easier management of existing lines – and Trams, a new system demanded by fans
    •World Warmth, Too: Cold weather increases demands for electricity, unless new water-based heat systems are in place
    •Plowers to the People: Build a snowplow depot to keep traffic flowing during winter weather, and employ new road maintenance systems to keep your streets in shape
    •New Chirps: #yeahthereare
    Last edited by Ackar; January 19th, 2016 at 02:25 PM.

Elder Arcanist

Cities: Skylines publisher Paradox Interactive has forecasted an 18th February release date for its upcoming Snowfall expansion.

Elder Arcanist
    Junior Alt-a-holic
    Blog Entries

The base game is free to play via Steam until Sunday Feb 21.

Elder Arcanist

Cities: Skyline City Destroyed By A Tidal Wave Of Shit

This was once a bustling Cities: Skylines metropolis of 200,000 people. Now everyone is dead.

As you’ll see below, flawless128 built a giant sewage mountain/pool, filled it with poop water then unleashed it upon the city. The resulting sewnami is a thing of devastation, yes, but also beauty.

A Poonami.
    "When you name your baby Jeeves...you've pretty much set up his career for life. You don't see many Hit Men, for example, named Jeeves. "Pardon me sir, but I must wack you now."
    — Jerry Seinfeld

Elder Arcanist

Natural Disasters are coming to Cities Skylines in a new expansion

Bit odd to be celebrating natural disasters but then the Cities Skylines community has wanted them for ages. And here they are, in the imaginatively named expansion Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters.

There's no release date I can see beyond "coming soon", which isn't helpful, nor any particularly detailed information about the contents of the expansion. I mean, we know we'll try and steer cities through "doomsday" situations, using early warning systems and radio broadcasting networks; and we know there will be a new Scenario Editor and gameplay mode, and new Cipher hats - but we don't know much more than that.

Fortunately, Chris Bratt has a date with developer Colossal Order at Gamescom this week, so we should know more soon.

Cities: Skylines prospered in the upset left by the naff new SimCity. It wasn't perfect but it was much closer to what people wanted from a city building game, and as a result was very successful, shifting more than 2m copies.

"Cities: Skylines is a competent city-builder that lacks a vision of its own - though it leaves space for its community to fill in the gaps," we wrote in our Cities: Skylines review.

An expansion called After Dark was released last autumn, adding much visual variety, but didn't do a lot to change the underlying formula. "In the end, After Dark is a night out you'll undoubtedly enjoy, but one you may not remember much of by the time morning comes around," wrote Rick Lane in our Cities: Skylines - After Dark review.

A snowy expansion dubbed Cities: Skylines - Snowfall came out in February this year but we haven't reviewed it.

Oni
    Blog Entries

I was considering getting this game, but it looks like major parts of it require DLC, meaning the price tag is actually gonna be 60 to 75 bucks.

Stardew valley won out.
    "Don't yell at S-D for using words you're not completely sure of, it embarrasses you. He's right anyway." - Alikat

Elder Arcanist

Many of the features from the expansions have been patched into the core game. Plus this game has a good sized modding community, so you can enhance the game with mods as well.

Elder Arcanist

Watch 30 minutes of Cities Skylines: Natural Disasters

The next Cities Skylines expansion is set to arrive at some point before the end of the year and will, inevitably, introduce natural disasters to everyone's new favourite city simulation game.

I got a chance to play one of the new scenarios this week and see almost all of the disasters in action. Join myself and Colossal Order's Mariina Hallikainen in the video below as we take a look.

Even if you're not into the idea of watching your cities suffer through meteor strikes or a major earthquake (which is somewhat understandable), the scenario editor itself will be arriving as a free update alongside the expansion. That's pretty great, that is.

Elder Arcanist

Someone likes circular city segments...

Elder Arcanist

Cities: Skylines - Xbox One Reveal Trailer

Elder Arcanist

Cities: Skylines - "Mass Transit" Announcement Trailer

Elder Arcanist

This looks nice but I wonder how the traffic handles...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=874647706

Spoiler for Image:

Elder Arcanist

May 18th is the release date for Mass Transit...

Elder Arcanist

Well, Today Mass Transit came out and the launch was very smooth.

Most of the common mods worked with the new update since beta. With the only problem mods being the ones that were made obsolete by Cities:Skylines rolling their features into the base game...

Once I deleted the mods that are no longer needed the game runs smoothly with all my pre-patch assets intact, so my old save works with the new DLC.

The new ferries work with player made canals, so you can make cross city waterways with boat traffic taking people across the city.