Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearthstone - is anyone following this?

Systems Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: Hearthstone - is anyone following this?

Probably a bugged combination, but hilariously OP if you use it intentionally:
    Class: Priest
    Card 1: Auchenai Soulpriest "Your cards and powers that restore life now deal damage instead."
    Card 2: Alexstrasza "Set a hero's remaining life to 15"

If a player has <15 health, this counts as a heal, and will deal 15 damage instead.
    "Complaining is the modern metagame" - BNet forums

Limited Access

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiar View Post
    It looks like they're sending out invites daily (weekdays) now. EU invites just went out as well.
    Such mockery
    Ikeya: Lies. You moderate with oppressive bias.
    Rombus: man if that were only true
    Rombus: i would have banned claud 8 times over

Ikeya|Laptop has left irc.stratics.com (Quit: DIAF, Nadiar!)
    <lowkey> haha
    <lowkey> is it just random who ikeya is hating on?
    <vdou|work> if he's lookin at something , he's hatin on it

<vdou|work> its a given that anything with 'intelli-' as a prefix for the product's name is going to be more than a little retarded
    <xilet`> normally extra chromosome

Systems Administrator
    Blog Entries

My daily is Hunter or Druid. I have a useless Hunter deck, since I haven't finished leveling one to 10.

But to illustrate how my druid games go, I get a hand with all useless cards, so I swap all of them. I redraw basically the same cards.
    Other druid first round:
    1) Innervates, summons Alarm-O-Bot
    2) Alarm-O-Bot is replaced with IronBark Protector
    I drop something here, I forget what it is, he kills it with a card.
    3) Uses mana crystal for being the second player, adds +4 attack.
    4) I almost managed to kill the IronBark Protector, but I die anyway.

Mangina at large.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiar
    Probably a bugged combination, but hilariously OP if you use it intentionally:
    Everything to do with a shadow priest is OP. I think the only time I've had fun with a shadow priest is in a mirror match where the other guy forgot he had out a lolwell when he went shadow. I managed to get myself to full health, and laughed as his own lolwell started shooting him up every turn. Priest seems to be the flavour of the month right now - have you been seeing this as well, priest and warrior? The worst part of playing a priest: when he draws the cards from my deck that I can't draw. "You got a Buzzard, and I haven't seen ONE in FOUR games? DAMNIT!"

The rogue nerfs have hit the class hard. One or two would have been OK, but all of them together was too much. Something has to be done about the weapon, as right now it's just too weak of a hero power (compare it to mage, even with the cards that work off it). I was thinking maybe change it to this: "Equip a 1/1 dagger. If you already have a weapon equipped, give it +1/-1. This cannot reduce the weapon's Durability below 1." So if you had spare mana you could build up one giant one-shot dagger over time, and you could build up some of the card weapons at the cost of Durability.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiar
    My daily is Hunter or Druid.
    Interesting note: when your daily is A or B, you can win some games with A and some with B and they all count. You don't need to pick A or B and win all games with just that one. Verified that today with a "Paladin or Priest" daily. By the way, have people been seeing two dailies per day like I have? I've been getting one in the morning and one in the evening.

Mangina at large.

Looks like they reset the Play mode medal sometime yesterday. I was told what my highest medal was from the week previous, but nothing came of it. The number of people playing with full epic/legendary decks this morning was insane - I've never seen this many in Play mode at that time, ever.

Trick of the day: priests have a card that allows them to take temporary control of a minion. If you play one of those pandaren that allow you to bounce a creature back to your hand, though, you get to keep it!

Tasty Danish

Looks like the latest batch of invites borked the servers. Not been able to play today, at all.
    "Silver bullet solutions are rare, silver bullet sales commonplace"

Mangina at large.

I was just able to play right now. Have to level that medal for, well, no idea why, but I *have* to!

Mangina at large.

Trick of the Day: if Misdirection (hunter Secret) sends a minion back at the person who is attacking, and that person has a weapon equipped, the minion takes damage from it.

Someone on the forums noticed something. His brother was playing Unrated, and got matched up against a streamer (Noxious) who had selected Rated play. So much for the theory that you'll get easier opponents with Unrated. The matching system they use could use a little tweaking. This morning in Arena play I played the same guy three times in a row. That should not happen, ever, period.

Systems Administrator
    Blog Entries

When I play unrated I seem to go up against a bunch of streamers. I started taking their name and just dropping it into twitch after the game.

Most of them are fine, they're past me in skill, but they're fine. Then there are people like GamerLCD that are giant cunts. He gets some card combo that will kill you and starts spamming "sorry." When he gets you down to 1 health, he purposely ends the turn to drag the game out, despite being a hunter and being able to kill you on any turn. And every single turn has to wait until the fucking timer is about to expire.

Tasty Danish

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiar View Post
    When I play unrated I seem to go up against a bunch of streamers. I started taking their name and just dropping it into twitch after the game.

Most of them are fine, they're past me in skill, but they're fine. Then there are people like GamerLCD that are giant cunts. He gets some card combo that will kill you and starts spamming "sorry." When he gets you down to 1 health, he purposely ends the turn to drag the game out, despite being a hunter and being able to kill you on any turn. And every single turn has to wait until the fucking timer is about to expire.
    You can squelch people's emotes by rightclicking on them. I concede if I can see that there's no way I'm getting back into the fray. People who drag out turns without doing something can DIAF.

Mangina at large.

I played someone who spammed "Sorry" once. It was lame. If I ran into that today, I'd squelch in a heartbeat.

I actually don't mind the "end the turn" thing, though. I'm convinced XP is based on turns played, so that helps you in a way. Dragging every turn to the end? That is a dick move.

It seems like the rewards for levels have been radically switched around. I saw some at 15, and I think 20 and 25. Is it two cards every five levels now? I know 50 is supposed to be the gold portrait, so presumably there's nothing after that, but I think my top character is only 26 so I haven't really seen far enough to know the pattern for sure.

Systems Administrator
    Blog Entries

My UI was bugged during the game and I couldn't squelch him, which was making it more irritating.

In the game in specific, I was holding on for awhile at 4-10 health. I was getting lucky keeping taunt creatures up, and getting timely heals. I healed myself back up to 12 at some point and he played a bunch of the cards he had been holding onto. Each of which could have killed me on the previous turn. And I imagine it was more turns he could have done something.

Forum Sorcerer

New invites must have just rolled out, i got my email, Looking forward to checking it.

Rainbow Carrot Loves You
    Yeah!

We should have a contest to see who gets in last. I wonder if it helps to have an active wow subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawlin View Post
    I concede if I can see that there's no way I'm getting back into the fray.
    I always had a hard time coming to terms with the etiquette that arose in a lot of rts games to concede when it's become apparent you are probably going to lose. My mindset was always to fight to the bitter end, but most people are impatient and just want to speed grind everything. "what's the point in playing if you aren't going to win"

Having said all that, I would concede in a second if someone else thought they could be a dick and toy with me, just to deny them whatever sick satisfaction they get from acting like that.

Forum Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Wool View Post
    We should have a contest to see who gets in last. I wonder if it helps to have an active wow subscription.

You can count out that theory, no WoW sub active here.

Elder Arcanist

I only have a sample size of two... but posting on the official Hearthstone forums resulted in invites shortly after. Can't hurt to try...

Mangina at large.

Hearthstone must be getting big - I just got my first fake invite. A new way to hack WoW accounts!

Mangina at large.

Small patch coming. Broken warrior card-drawing card is getting less broken. It only counts friendly units, but costs one less mana. No more having to win duels against warriors with a six or seven card draw disadvantage!

Tasty Danish

I sort of stalled on this. Once they release the details on getting the WoW mount, I'll be doing what needs to be done to get that one.

Also, I really hope that they release a tablet version of Hearthstone.
    Splashtop means that I can play it via the iPad as is, but it would be nice to have something less clunky.

Mangina at large.

Today I got a tougher daily quest: summon 20 creatures with a casting cost of five or greater. I had two decks with seven creatures that fit the criteria: druid, and oddly enough, hunter. The hunter deck usually wins by about turn eight, though, so I went with druid. You wouldn't believe how many times someone conceded while I had one of the creatures in my hand, ready to play next turn. Damn you polite gamers! It was tough trying to play well enough that the opponent didn't think I was toying with him when I had the upper hand (like attacking the opponent rather than using an 8/8 to kill a 1/2) but still stretching things out to get a chance at casting more big creatures.