Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Permanent Ban For Jonas

Elder Arcanist

Re: Permanent Ban For Jonas

I think the 'caring about the why' ship has long since sailed.

Chair warmer, Sector 7G

Probably not, you're kinda thick.

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Star-Demon View Post
    Can someone explain to me *why* Jonas is acting up?
    I would suggest an uptick in stress brought upon him by making 2 major life altering changes. Starting a new job whilst also moving cross country. Either of those in isolation would be stress benders but combined it appears it overcame his impulse control. Not making excuses and may well be off the mark but that is my take.
    Virtually all U.S. senators, and most of the representatives in the House, are members of the top 1 percent when they arrive, are kept in office by money from the top 1 percent, and know that if they serve the top 1 percent well they will be rewarded by the top 1 percent when they leave office

99% Bacon Free
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mitebe View Post
    I would suggest an uptick in stress brought upon him by making 2 major life altering changes. Starting a new job whilst also moving cross country. Either of those in isolation would be stress benders but combined it appears it overcame his impulse control. Not making excuses and may well be off the mark but that is my take.
    He also said something about going off his meds. No idea what meds, but that could account for a lot.

Systems Administrator
    Blog Entries

He later admitted to lying about the meds to get sympathy.
    "Complaining is the modern metagame" - BNet forums

The Bullhorn

'Kill the pig! Cut his throat! Kill the pig! Bash him in!'

Chair warmer, Sector 7G

"'Wretch!' I said. 'It is well that you come here to whine over the desolation that you have made. You throw a torch into a pile of buildings, and when they are consumed, you sit among the ruins and lament the fall. Hypocritical fiend! If he whom you mourn still lived, still would he be the object, again would he become the prey, of your accursed vengeance. It is not pity that you feel; you lament only because the victim of your malignity is withdrawn from your power.'"

hella Star-Demon :3

Lord of the Flies is a really good book. Doubleplusgood

Chair warmer, Sector 7G

So is Frankenstein.

Formerly: Tzakapotek
    Celine Dijon
    Blog Entries

Speaking of Jonas, I met his cousin, the author Michael Stackpole today. Nice guy.
    I go missing
    No longer exist
    One day
    I hope
    I’m someone you miss

Elder Arcanist
    Beep! Beep!

I don't wander out of General Discussion much so I totally missed this. Our community has dwindled quite a bit and Jonas was a somewhat frequent poster. I'm really opposed to these types of bans. They hurt us more then they help us.

Sure, take away his moderator status, I have no problem there but outside of spammers, a perm ban should never be an option. Let there be a couple days or a week long cooling off period. Ban again for short periods as necessary.

A perm ban is a nuclear option, this is crazy.

Systems Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by valas View Post
    I don't wander out of General Discussion
    Then you have no idea whats going on and should go away.

Elder Arcanist
    Beep! Beep!

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiar View Post
    Then you have no idea whats going on and should go away.
    Wow Dude, harsh! Lighten up, life is too short.

What I do know is that someone who used to post frequently in General Discussion hasn't been and although I saw the orange tag by his name, I thought it was some kind of a joke since he was a mod and all. I'm just now coming to find out that he will be gone at least a year and that just isn't right.

Y39 + NinjaDuck = Doom!

What Nadiar said stands, valas. It sounds like you haven't read the thread.
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
    -"To Serve and To Protect"

"I don't trust my government, I don't trust the people who work for my government, and I believe that the evidence suggests that it's irrational to offer such trust." - Ken White

"The first 90% of the project is done, now we're working on the remaining 90%." -SoylentNews

Elder Arcanist
    Beep! Beep!

Quote Originally Posted by Yttrium View Post
    What Nadiar said stands, valas. It sounds like you haven't read the thread.
    I've read both of them before I posted.

Elder Arcanist

I think people should be entitled to pst their opinions here without being attacked regardless of how you feel about those opinions folks. As long as its civil and rational everyone should feel they can talk about mod decisions here without being jumped on.

Chair warmer, Sector 7G

Quote Originally Posted by Maledict View Post
    I think people should be entitled to pst their opinions here without being attacked regardless of how you feel about those opinions folks. As long as its civil and rational everyone should feel they can talk about mod decisions here without being jumped on.
    Eat a poop, butthead!

hella Star-Demon :3

Quote Originally Posted by Maledict View Post
    It is kind of absurd to categorize dissenting opinions as attacking the individual on a discussion board.

Systems Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by valas View Post
    I've read both of them before I posted.
    Then you should have seen the point I raised that if he wants back he has to make a well reasoned argument for it, not kick and scream like a child, which ideally would include some sort of apology to the forum and Alikat. His several weeks of stalking me outside of Graffes to harass me or slander the forum only make me more adamant about it, but I'm not holding out for any kind of apology to me.

edit: Also, I just realized what I said earlier may have been misconstrued to mean you should leave the site. I'm just saying if you don't know the details, you should ask for details, or not contribute an opinion that will confuse the problem. Hence "get out of the thread"
    Last edited by Nadiar; June 24th, 2013 at 09:12 PM.

Elder Arcanist
    Beep! Beep!

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiar View Post
    Then you should have seen the point I raised that if he wants back he has to make a well reasoned argument for it, not kick and scream like a child, which ideally would include some sort of apology to the forum and Alikat. His several weeks of stalking me outside of Graffes to harass me or slander the forum only make me more adamant about it, but I'm not holding out for any kind of apology to me.

edit: Also, I just realized what I said earlier may have been misconstrued to mean you should leave the site. I'm just saying if you don't know the details, you should ask for details, or not contribute an opinion that will confuse the problem. Hence "get out of the thread"
    I agree he abused his Mod status and without question, that should be revoked.

To me the problem comes in anytime we go for a long ban when all that is needed is a cooling off period. I get it that his throwing a tantrum is not helping his case with you but I suggest that the problem is with the use of "perm" bans at all.

I don't have a problem with a short suspension for a few days, to allow for a cooling off period and then use additional short suspensions as necessary.