Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: I Have an Issue with a Moderator That I Believe Requires Discussion

Re: I Have an Issue with a Moderator That I Believe Requires Discussion

NEVER SPEAK THE DEVIL'S NAME

GOOOOODAMN IT.... IT'S LIKE I NEVER READ A FRICKING HORROR NOVEL!

LOL hahahaahah you still make me laugh.... I just read that old Amris Milaru banned thread today. LOL it's nigh unto the best thread on the board.

Chair warmer, Sector 7G

I'm rereading it now, that was quite a week. I'm struck though by the fact that as far as I can tell, I'm the only woman left who posts here anymore since Daphinue quit, though we do have one two-spirit type trans person as well. And half you 'tards have me on Ignore because I'm so bad that my posts hurt your eyes.

As soon as I leave, this joint turns into a lemon party.

Banjo Duellist, 8th Dan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DmitrytheWizzy View Post
    Fuck no. You keep on posting your crazy shit. God knows we have few enough thread starters as it is now.

edit and the number one poster is me. You are a johny come lately and a newb. I do 14K posts while I am napping.
    hey I was around a LONG time ago but as a *magician*, I only came here at first to arrange ports and cybering in LFay !
    All them poor out of work wizzies desperate for work while the droods stole all their ports n' spawns so hey I took pity on 'em and gave em summoned beer and mod rods :P

Mangina at large.

"And you can't have a Lemon party without Old Dick!"

What, this isn't the 30 Rock quote thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitry
    Wow, we just banned the 4th most active poster.
    The list at the bottom is thread starter, not poster, no? Here's the "threads Jonas has started" list:

http://www.graffe.com/forums/search.php?searchid=40520

Quote Originally Posted by Silke
    I'll never understand the rationale of people being a dick to actively try and get banned.
    They can't bring themselves to end something that has been a part of them for so long, so they try and get someone else to make the decision for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Milaru
    The list is incredibly sad, Verbal, Vash, Ninetoes, Whizbang and Leopa, Lux, Myn, Adon, Amris, Stumpy, Fierazza, Fyrie, Macfudd, Merloc. So many awesome people gone.
    Some of them lurk. At least one (Baelan) is still an active poster. But life happens, and people move on. The only thing I ever wonder about with former posters is how many of them stopped posting because they passed away. I remember going to my old EQ server board, and seeing a "these former players are all dead" thread. Now that is incredibly sad.

Limited Access

Blog Entries

Tomb.... Tomb I can't find and don't remember. I am sure it was stupid.
    Tomb was banned for a combination of "real life threats" and dragging posters' families and insulting them into discussions.
    Ikeya: Lies. You moderate with oppressive bias.
    Rombus: man if that were only true
    Rombus: i would have banned claud 8 times over

Ikeya|Laptop has left irc.stratics.com (Quit: DIAF, Nadiar!)
    <lowkey> haha
    <lowkey> is it just random who ikeya is hating on?
    <vdou|work> if he's lookin at something , he's hatin on it

<vdou|work> its a given that anything with 'intelli-' as a prefix for the product's name is going to be more than a little retarded
    <xilet`> normally extra chromosome

Here's a dish I love not

Quote Originally Posted by milaru View Post
    The list is incredibly sad, Verbal, Vash, Ninetoes, Whizbang and Leopa, Lux, Myn, Adon, Amris, Stumpy, Fierazza, Fyrie, Macfudd, Merloc. So many awesome people gone. Myn is still as fantastic as ever though, as is Lux.
    I'm still here, mostly just lurk and post in occasional gaming threads. I enjoy my current job too much to bother posting regularly.

quis custodiet ipsos custodes
    The Prince

NEVER SPEAK THE DEVIL'S NAME

GOOOOODAMN IT.... IT'S LIKE I NEVER READ A FRICKING HORROR NOVEL!

LOL hahahaahah you still make me laugh.... I just read that old Amris Milaru banned thread today. LOL it's nigh unto the best thread on the board.
    Haha, I was just giving Ninetoes shit for that thread when I posted the first time(I was cleaning up old email and ran across the discussions with Rombus and Luxum regarding it, part fo why I came back to see what was going on, it's depressing as fuck here now, I thought shit was bad when I left.)

Quote Originally Posted by Delores Mulva View Post
    Some of them lurk. At least one (Baelan) is still an active poster.
    That bitch is dead to me.

Alright, since you guys don't apparently get it, here's my "defense".

First off, you won't make me go away, I come here for discussion and news, it's one of three places on the 'net I visit. I come here because I have hours to waste sitting at my desk on most days, so, ban me all you want, I'm bored, and have a lot more time than you do to make new accounts. You're just wasting your time.

To address the "douche-move" and also "off my meds". Please note, there's no blame or apology here, it's just what it is. I don't take any meds, that was a complete fabrication, and in spite of Nad's comment in the other thread, and my "threats", I wouldn't take this site down and I wouldn't know how, but thanks for thinking that I could. The full douche mode started with this thread. I was happy to just say, "Oh, I was going to do something mean, but then decided against it," to Ali and that would have been the end of it to me.

I admit, and agree, that sending the messages in the first place was abuse, but you guys have seriously overreacted.

Finally, about ignores. There's a reason mod's can't be ignored, it's because they're supposed to be able to send anyone messages when they've done something wrong. I abused this right, sorry about that, no excuse. Now, as for ignores in general, I have only ever put two people on ignore, and at that only for a couple hours before I realized that words on the Internet can't hurt me, and I'm quite capable of not getting worked up over what someone has written, so I've taken them off ignore. In addition, since I was a moderator, I felt it was my responsibility to actually read everything that is written in a thread, so putting people on ignore was rather counterproductive to my responsibilities.

Final point, I found some of the reactions to these last few days rather revealing. The intentions and emotions that you've projected onto me have been largely totally wrong, I use this place as a sounding board for the most offensive and insane things that tumble around in my head, because if I brought this stuff up with people I work with and hang out with in real life, they'd probably lock me up, and rightly so.

I don't care about post count, I don't care about my user name, but I'll make you a deal: Hold a moderator election, put Jonas on it. If I am voted down, I will gracefully leave this site and never come back, and I admit that doing this would make me quite sad because I post here by compulsion, but if that's the will of the board, I'll respect that. If I'm re-elected, you'll just have to deal with that.

Formerly: Baelan Shadowbane
    Mad Vizier
    Devil Dog

Sorry, not dead. Been hospitalized, buried my mother in law and now dealing with one of my closest friends losing his wife of 5 months. But definitely not dead.

"With your shield, or on it"

Elder Arcanist
    Crazy Bard

I'm a little late to the party, but if the mods are still debating I would recommend 1-3 months for the issues (and circumvention attempt) total and let the whole thing move on.

I still read at least twice a day. Work is busy and kiddo takes up time, but I do still read daily. I post when I have something useful to say but read a ton more than post. I find out more things here that are in my interests than anywhere else still.
    If I wanted to be ignored I'd go to work.

Formerly: Tzakapotek
    Celine Dijon
    Blog Entries

I'm still here. I scan current posts and decide whether or not to post based on what is going on.

Mostly - it's nothing, so I don't.
    I go missing
    No longer exist
    One day
    I hope
    I’m someone you miss

Banjo Duellist, 8th Dan
    Blog Entries

Ninetoes
    ah crap man, my sympathies, seriously

Systems Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsJonas View Post
    Alright, since you guys don't apparently get it, here's my "defense".

First off, you won't make me go away, I come here for discussion and news, it's one of three places on the 'net I visit. I come here because I have hours to waste sitting at my desk on most days, so, ban me all you want, I'm bored, and have a lot more time than you do to make new accounts. You're just wasting your time.

To address the "douche-move" and also "off my meds". Please note, there's no blame or apology here, it's just what it is. I don't take any meds, that was a complete fabrication, and in spite of Nad's comment in the other thread, and my "threats", I wouldn't take this site down and I wouldn't know how, but thanks for thinking that I could. The full douche mode started with this thread. I was happy to just say, "Oh, I was going to do something mean, but then decided against it," to Ali and that would have been the end of it to me.

I admit, and agree, that sending the messages in the first place was abuse, but you guys have seriously overreacted.

Finally, about ignores. There's a reason mod's can't be ignored, it's because they're supposed to be able to send anyone messages when they've done something wrong. I abused this right, sorry about that, no excuse. Now, as for ignores in general, I have only ever put two people on ignore, and at that only for a couple hours before I realized that words on the Internet can't hurt me, and I'm quite capable of not getting worked up over what someone has written, so I've taken them off ignore. In addition, since I was a moderator, I felt it was my responsibility to actually read everything that is written in a thread, so putting people on ignore was rather counterproductive to my responsibilities.

Final point, I found some of the reactions to these last few days rather revealing. The intentions and emotions that you've projected onto me have been largely totally wrong, I use this place as a sounding board for the most offensive and insane things that tumble around in my head, because if I brought this stuff up with people I work with and hang out with in real life, they'd probably lock me up, and rightly so.

I don't care about post count, I don't care about my user name, but I'll make you a deal: Hold a moderator election, put Jonas on it. If I am voted down, I will gracefully leave this site and never come back, and I admit that doing this would make me quite sad because I post here by compulsion, but if that's the will of the board, I'll respect that. If I'm re-elected, you'll just have to deal with that.
    I'm undeleting Jonas's message. Originally members were going to be allowed to post in this forum so they could post apologies or ask questions. That function was only removed when people used this forum to continue trolling.
    "Complaining is the modern metagame" - BNet forums

Banjo Duellist, 8th Dan
    Blog Entries

Compred to what some of us are goinG through/fearing ahead, this is damn silly to get so pissed about (in many ways).
    yes, threatening a DDOS or such is bad, and needs a *verbal* kick up the pants, but beyond that, as long as no action is taken to harm anyone...big fucking deal.
    He did wrong to ALikat, deserves a ticking off as he should have just used /ignore if he can't take it
    but be gawd damn glad this board exists.
    If someone DOES cause another serious grief, then they need the chop. otherwise squlech 'em form upsetting the other party

I swear I am a nut but you cna put me on ignore any time ya like ya know :P
    I cna also bite back, I liek a bit of a "ding dong battle" at times, lol, nobody here, now anyway, is a genuine scuzzball and looooong time since I think there ever was, hm back to original baord??? vague memories
    Last edited by Silverblade-T-E; March 20th, 2013 at 02:08 PM.

The girly mage

Quote Originally Posted by milaru View Post
    The list is incredibly sad, Verbal, Vash, Ninetoes, Whizbang and Leopa, Lux, Myn, Adon, Amris, Stumpy, Fierazza, Fyrie, Macfudd, Merloc. So many awesome people gone. Myn is still as fantastic as ever though, as is Lux.
    I still lurk but because things are rough irl for me I don't have the patience to get into a heated discussion with people who want to act in ways they know wouldn't be acceptable irl. I also know that because of the psychological effects of the fallout from the divorce and like 9 months of failed job search for my SO which makes stress when there are student loans from a physics and law degree to pay that I am not in a position to be as clear as I'd like or care to get into things all the time. Often however, I will discuss things from these forums if they come up as interesting with my SO, he has no interest in the forums but knows people who post on them by my descriptions of them.

Poof make squid!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alikat Astrae View Post
    Jonas is a moderator here, according to the message that popped up when i tried to put him on ignore. But this morning, when I logged in here at Graffe's, I had a couple of PM's from Jonas. They were titled with typed-in laughter, and contained references to spamming me. I sent him a two-word reply (Bone-Ass), and his reply to that was so disturbing that I felt that I had to bring up the topic here.

I won't violate his privacy by posting the contents of his PM to me, but let it suffice to say that he claimed that when he sent me those PMs he was in the process of recording a script with which he intended to spam my inbox, but that he changed his mind because he realized he might get banned for it.

While I'm glad that he decided on his own to not go through with his plan, he was actually in the process of implementing it when he changed his mind. What the hell kind of loser would set up a spamming script like that? Especially someone with Mod powers who can't be Ignored? Is there a process for removing a Moderator who is obviously too immature for the responsibility?
    Ohhhhh-KAY! Did *not* see this before I posted in the permaban thread.

I take my statement there back.

Jesus.
    This is severely fucked up.
    For copyright purposes, all of my posts are covered under the "Do What The Fuck You Want To Public License"
    http://sam.zoy.org/wtfpl/
    Noone should sue or be sued ambiguously.

Poof make squid!
    Blog Entries

As much as I still love my Coventry suggestion, is there some way to limit a single poster's ability to post more than X number of posts/pm's in a certain amount of time.

Definitely should stay removed from moderator status, but that alone would probably mostly solve Ali's issue.

Every other site I've ever been on, even THREATENING to DDOS the place earns you a whole lot of time in the corner because the reality is, even a poorly formed attempt can cause overage charges from the host or site downtime and that's real people's money which makes it a loose form of threatening robbery.

Sure, it happens naturally when a link trends on reddit and used to happen with slashdot, but I'm pretty sure both sites would moderate someone who said "everyone click this link so we can bring the website down!".

I'm horribly disappointed in Jonas. He's behaving nothing like the guy who was super excited about Hinduism.
    For copyright purposes, all of my posts are covered under the "Do What The Fuck You Want To Public License"
    http://sam.zoy.org/wtfpl/
    Noone should sue or be sued ambiguously.

Banjo Duellist, 8th Dan
    Blog Entries

merrick
    well what he did or did not say in the PM's to Alikat are even more the issue
    since saying but not doing somehting is one thing
    but ACTUALLY saying or doing something very despicbale is something else entirely (but we odn't know what he said so it may have been heinous, or not, I don't know)

I don't know WTF Jonas would blow his stack like this though since as arguing or disliking someone is hardly reason to draw swords, is it? :P
    So a short ban on grounds of "Jonas needs to cool off" maybe well be reasonable, as opposed to "Punishment", which requires evidence of actual wrong doing?
    So alikat as the wronged party would be person mods to explain/deal with this and hey my sympathies for all the headaches to both

Least it's not "I was a super secret government hitman and I will KEEEEEL you all" stuff :P

Chair warmer, Sector 7G

I don't consider myself "the wronged party." I can actually take care of myself, and don't need moderators at all. But I made a conscious decision several years ago to work within the system here and to no longer just insult the people who piss me off until hot tears sting their eyes, but to instead use the Report feature and let the mods do whatever. Otherwise I was myself on the road to being banned, because mods would see me responding to an insult with an insult but since my insults are more deadly they usually treated the guy who started the shit as my victim.

So now I work within the system here, and when I saw that there was a potential threat to the operation of the forum, I reported it. I'm trying to be a better forum citizen.

Banjo Duellist, 8th Dan
    Blog Entries

...I still ponder how many testicles Ali' has in her pickle jar