Thread: Attached images

#YesAllCats
    Blog Entries

Attached images

Is there any way to configure my settings so that images load directly into threads like they used to? Facebook-like javascript image viewers really piss me off, especially when they don't do any caching or anything. They black out everything else on the screen for no f'ing reason and you have to clicky clicky on every damn link. Is it just to reduce load on servers or something?

Systems Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: Attached images

Made a few changes, do you have a specific post you can link as an example of what you didn't like?

edit: and it's for mobile devices, which have limited display width, which means most images destroy their ability to read the forums.
    Last edited by Nadiar; May 3rd, 2012 at 10:48 AM.

No prison can hold me!

Please change it back so that images load properly in the thread. People with phones can turn images off if they're having problems.
    ------------------------------------------
    I *AM* the Chinpokomon master!

Systems Administrator
    Blog Entries

Maybe instead of being an ass you should just figure out what I changed, and offer up an actual argument on why it isn't a good enough solution for you.

No prison can hold me!

You're right, I apologize. The resizing thing seems to have been undone. The pictures were all in tiny preview form where you had to click to get the viewer thing after one of the upgrades recently, just checked again and they're all back to normal. Thought that was what Gol was talking about.
    ------------------------------------------
    I *AM* the Chinpokomon master!

#YesAllCats
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiar View Post
    Made a few changes, do you have a specific post you can link as an example of what you didn't like?

edit: and it's for mobile devices, which have limited display width, which means most images destroy their ability to read the forums.
    That makes some sense, thanks Nadiar.

But as for a specific post, this is the one that inspired the post: http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthr...=1#post1737658

Systems Administrator
    Blog Entries

Basically the only images that should be thumbnails now are uploaded images, which will resize their longest side to 300px for the thumbnail (up from 75px).