View Poll Results: Should Schezar be a Mod?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

35 63.64%
  • No

20 36.36%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schezar October 14 Vote / Discussion Thread

Check the
    Track Record
    Blog Entries

Schezar October 14 Vote / Discussion Thread

Should Schezar be a moderator? Election will be held beginning October 14th.

Formerly: Baelan Shadowbane
    Mad Vizier
    Devil Dog

Re: Schezar October 14 Vote / Discussion Thread

Don't agree with him a lot of the time, but I respect where he is coming from in his thoughts,how he gets there and the fact that he is consistent in his views.

"With your shield, or on it"

Systems Administrator
    Blog Entries

I don't respect where he's coming from at all. Every time Ap was reported he would immediately run in saying how wrong Ap was, no matter what. If Ap brought up a counter point, it was immediately wrong.

Mangina at large.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiar
    Every time Ap was reported he would immediately run in saying how wrong Ap was, no matter what. If Ap brought up a counter point, it was immediately wrong.
    As a nominee, I'm curious: was this information supposed to remain private? I was under the impression that stuff from the super secret boards (tm) was supposed to stay there. This matters in case someone asks me how I feel about the whole reporting mechanism, since I believe in working with whatever the current rules are (if private, as things are now; if no requirement to be private, full disclosure including the name of every person who files a report and how mods voted/acted).

Systems Administrator
    Blog Entries

That's a good question, but I think you'll be safe.

I was operating based on what I remember, which is that the anonymity is to protect the reporter. There isn't any voting that happens really, it's the moderators talking it out with each other, and any of them are free to take action[*]. I'm not talking about what was discussed, I'm discussing an action that was taken, without the context of the specific action, or who reported it.

Also, I don't usually read what happens in the moderator section. I check 'empty' threads in case it's a Move/Rename request or a Spam report, but after that I'm usually done with it. Seeing the only response on a thread from someone who has been repeatedly called out on over-reacting to that specific person though made me look. And my response was to ask Nine to take a look. If I think I have some insight into a situation I might post in there, but I think that has been pretty rare. The last two were: I linked a better starting point for an argument someone reported, and I pointed out that they needed to be careful with a specific poster, because the polite warning they intended to give would be blown way out of proportion (they gave it anyway, and it was).

[*]Coincidentally, this is why I feel that the moderator forum needs to be private. Sometimes you just need to talk things out, but you don't feel that your own position is secure enough to take action. For example: You see a douchebag treating his girlfriend like shit, and you want to punch him in the face. Unless it's especially severe, you don't, and you just bitch about how you wanted to punch him in the face to friends later. You weren't actually threatening to assault someone, you're just vocalizing your displeasure at the behavior. And the reason you want a specific forum for people to discuss things is it keeps things in the open. Making it open means it all happens in PM's, which can be completely dangerous, because usually if we're talking privately, we only talk with people that will back our ideas and strengthen them, not challenge our ideas. Having several moderators that can talk openly with each other tends to mean that if someone makes a poor or borderline decision, someone else will challenge it, and explain why they're wrong. Which is why it's important for us to elect open minded moderators that will admit when they made a poor decision.

Mangina at large.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiar
    Coincidentally, this is why I feel that the moderator forum needs to be private.
    That is how my strata council works, more or less. People can sit in and watch, but whenever business concerns specific tenants the observers must leave the room. Results of votes are reported, but the names of people who were involved in matters are changed to "an apartment owner/a townhouse owner". Thank you for the information!

No prison can hold me!

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiar View Post
    I don't respect where he's coming from at all. Every time Ap was reported he would immediately run in saying how wrong Ap was, no matter what. If Ap brought up a counter point, it was immediately wrong.
    Feel free to PM me the examples or feel free to explain what you're talking about. We went through this last election time, and I don't recall anything new since then, so I'm a little confused. I modded Apallo the same way I modded anyone else.
    ------------------------------------------
    I *AM* the Chinpokomon master!

Computer says no

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiar View Post
    Every time Ap was reported he would immediately run in saying how wrong Ap was
    Ap was almost always a total ballbag. I imagine if Schezar could see that he's perfect for mod, as he has always been.
    Since you're citing examples to make your point, please share those examples so we can assess them for ourselves.
    I'm sure you wouldn't want us to take your opinion of some secret and possibly makebelieve forum posts as gospel.
    Last edited by Ninetoes; October 7th, 2011 at 03:59 PM.

Systems Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sharrow View Post
    Ap was almost always a total ballbag. I imagine if Schezar could see that he's perfect for mod, as he has always been.
    Since you're citing examples to make your point, please share those examples so we can assess them for ourselves.
    I'm sure you wouldn't want us to take your opinion of some secret and possibly makebelieve forum posts as gospel.
    You must have missed where I explained exactly why I can't provide examples. Feel free to fact check with the moderators/admins and ask if they felt he was being fair with Ap. The entire point of these threads is that it is our opinion. If we were getting rid of people for being shitheads, I'm pretty sure both of us would be gone. Moderating someone for actually doing something wrong is perfectly fine. Moderating someone for something you let slide for everyone else is petty bullshit.
    Last edited by Ninetoes; October 7th, 2011 at 04:01 PM.

Check the
    Track Record
    Blog Entries

Higher standard of discourse please guys.

Chair warmer, Sector 7G

Remove that adjective from Sharrow's last sentence and I'll begin to believe you about that, Grindel.

Mad Vizier
    Devil Dog

Quote Originally Posted by Alikat Astrae View Post
    Remove that adjective from Sharrow's last sentence and I'll begin to believe you about that, Grindel.
    Done.

Folks, these forums are held to a higher standard of discussion. You will conduct yourself as such or you will be moderated.

Chair warmer, Sector 7G

Thank you Baelan.

Locked Account
    MSEvangelista

Blog Entries

Removed.
    Last edited by Jonas; October 8th, 2011 at 02:46 PM.

Elder Arcanist

I lean towards yes.
    'This world may be another planet's hell.'{Aldous Huxley}
    'After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.'{Aldous Huxley}

Ban those muther fuckers.

Oh sure, I disclose the reports of others and Nadiar bans me. Nadiar does the same thing and it's A-ok.

Check the
    Track Record
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DmitrytheWizzy View Post
    Oh sure, I disclose the reports of others and Nadiar bans me. Nadiar does the same thing and it's A-ok.
    Buh? The intent, as Nad states, is to allow relative anonymity to people making reports. Once mod action is done it's pretty clear who was reported and who the mod is acting. I didn't read in his post where he states who reported anything, did he?

Mad Vizier
    Devil Dog

Quote Originally Posted by Grindel View Post
    Buh? The intent, as Nad states, is to allow relative anonymity to people making reports. Once mod action is done it's pretty clear who was reported and who the mod is acting. I didn't read in his post where he states who reported anything, did he?
    Nope. Nadiar specifically discusses Schezar's response to reports(in general) involving Apallo, not the reports themselves.

Elder Arcanist
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grindel View Post
    Are you serious? Nadiar fucking throws Schezar under the bus and then says he can't back up any of his claims. Like a fucking coward. Apallahados was a gigantic whiner, he whined about everything that dude was just looking for excuses to be angry.