Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What exactly is a hostile environment?

No prison can hold me!

Re: What exactly is a hostile environment?

I would be happy to let Grindel rule with an iron fist. He's about as level headed and neutral as you can get.

The Endless September refers to the time when the floodgates to the web were opened by AOL unleashing its membership upon it. The level of discussion and civility on usenet went from educational and somewhat intelligent to gibbering shitcocks and trolls in very short order. It's a 'back in the day' kind of saying.
    ------------------------------------------
    I *AM* the Chinpokomon master!

PROOF PROOF!

Quote Originally Posted by Ialnyien View Post
    And once again you ignore your soft attacks, totally ignoring the facts. Typical.
    How's that 'Reading' thing working out for you? So far you're batting 0 for even knowing what forum or thread is being referred to.
    Every married man is wrong. We just wait for the wife to tell us when, where, and about what.

~me

PROOF PROOF!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    'Please stay on topic and keep it civil' is a request, not a directive.
    Then no. 'Please' stuff it.
    My intent is to let you know that I see what could turn into a problem and I hope to keep it away from there. You have every right to say anything you want to anyone you want, but it is my duty to enforce the civility rule.
    Awesome. Show me where the civility rule was broken. Otherwise, back to the whole 'stuffing it' thing. Seriously, I take more offense to you telling me how and what I can say when it quite obviously hasn't broken a rule or even come close.
    Every married man is wrong. We just wait for the wife to tell us when, where, and about what.

~me

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Apallohadas View Post
    Then no. 'Please' stuff it.

Awesome. Show me where the civility rule was broken. Otherwise, back to the whole 'stuffing it' thing. Seriously, I take more offense to you telling me how and what I can say when it quite obviously hasn't broken a rule or even come close.
    I'd say he is talking about your repetitive "soft" attacks. Which you continue to blatantly ignore the higher standard of civility due in this forum. Then you go and do another "soft" attack rather than just stop the crap. You claim "reading", yet you just issue attack, after attack, after attack. It's all you do, and it gets very tiring after a while. It gets to the point where even talking to you is not worth the time.

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Schezar View Post
    I would be happy to let Grindel rule with an iron fist. He's about as level headed and neutral as you can get.

The Endless September refers to the time when the floodgates to the web were opened by AOL unleashing its membership upon it. The level of discussion and civility on usenet went from educational and somewhat intelligent to gibbering shitcocks and trolls in very short order. It's a 'back in the day' kind of saying.
    I agree with this. The whole mod election thing is just a friggen sham anyways. I always believed in ruling the forums with an iron fist. If one doesn't like how it is moderated, you don't have to be here.

PROOF PROOF!

I'd say he is talking about your repetitive "soft" attacks. Which you continue to blatantly ignore the higher standard of civility due in this forum. Then you go and do another "soft" attack rather than just stop the crap. You claim "reading", yet you just issue attack, after attack, after attack. It's all you do, and it gets very tiring after a while. It gets to the point where even talking to you is not worth the time.
    Baby Einstein has a series of DVDs that may help you.

Btw, Jonas and I are referring to a thread NOT IN THIS FORUM. So while you're simpering about bawling about 'standards in this forum', you've been further demonstrating why you fail so well without any assistance from me.

Now shush. Away with you.

~me

Lord Inquisitor Lenin

Ultimately, our mod strategy isn't working. I know why people feel they need this control over the mods and the voting, but rombus and Samedhi were 9 years ago, we need to move on and come up with a solution that works. This one doesn't.
    Why doesn't it work, exactly? Because Dmitry keeps using the word faggot?

Locked Account
    MSEvangelista

Blog Entries

Oh, I understand now, you're ignoring predictability on purpose, like the future doesn't exist and actions have no repercussions. As I've stated, pretty calmly and clearly, if the attacks escalate into something that's a violation of the rules then I'll deal with it then. You know, in the future.
    Last edited by Jonas; April 19th, 2011 at 02:28 PM.

Banjo Duellist, 8th Dan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Schezar View Post
    I thought we already declared you as open season. :P
    Hey, it's not July the 12th yet, is it? :P

Elder Arcanist

Baby Einstein has a series of DVDs that may help you.

Btw, Jonas and I are referring to a thread NOT IN THIS FORUM. So while you're simpering about bawling about 'standards in this forum', you've been further demonstrating why you fail so well without any assistance from me.

Now shush. Away with you.
    Once again, you revert to thinly veiled attacks. Grow up.

PROOF PROOF!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    Oh, I understand now, you're ignoring predictability on purpose, like the future doesn't exist and actions have no repercussions. As I've stated, pretty calmly and clearly, if the attacks escalate into something that's a violation of the rules then I'll deal with it then. You know, in the future.
    I don't have access to your crystal ball, so yeah, I'm ignoring whatever future timeline you have access to. If you were however tapped in to some special Moderator Forecaster, you'd probably have banned Dmitry 6 months ago. My guess is that 6 months from now this whole cycle will replay itself.

That's predictability for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ialynien
    Once again, you revert to thinly veiled attacks. Grow up.
    So I see you've realized that you were crying over a topic not in this forum. Put on your big boy pants now and say "whoops".

~me

Elder Arcanist

Wow. So much for the higher standard of this forum eh? Someone explain to me what Ialniyien or Apallo's failings have to do with the topic at hand? Am I the only one tired of watching threads turn into a pissing contest between two posters over something entirely unrelated?

Ancient Arcanist
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eamin View Post
    The problem with conservatives at Graffe's isn't that the mean liberals keep shouting them down. It's that conservatives at Graffe's have adopted stances that are impossible to defend using rational argumentation, and so they keep losing arguments.
    Liberals on Graffes have no game, that is why we don't engage them. With a few exceptions, and most of those don't post anymore. Look at your anti-Republican arguments sometime - they all amount to "you are a hillbilly." Yawn. Its like getting poked by a nerf sword.
    Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Gnizmo View Post
    Wow. So much for the higher standard of this forum eh? Someone explain to me what Ialniyien or Apallo's failings have to do with the topic at hand? Am I the only one tired of watching threads turn into a pissing contest between two posters over something entirely unrelated?
    No, you certainly are not the only one. Some of us are just tired of the same old arguments and baiting techniques and as I said before, thinly veiled attacks on others.

In short, I think most of us are sick of the game Dmitry is playing, but at the same point the "argument" he makes stands, which is sad.

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Lunal View Post
    Liberals on Graffes have no game, that is why we don't engage them. With a few exceptions, and most of those don't post anymore. Look at your anti-Republican arguments sometime - they all amount to "you are a hillbilly." Yawn. Its like getting poked by a nerf sword.
    While there are a lot of bad examples to pick from on the "liberal" side I can't imagine you have seen anything better from conservatives have you? Typically the ones who complain are the worst offenders to boot. The thread debating the merits of the anti-union bill really is an amazing example of this.

The problem exists on both sides. The concept of debating the posts rather than the poster is dead, and the liberal side has more bodies admittedly. We really do need to let mods moderate without a report.

Elder Arcanist

No, you certainly are not the only one. Some of us are just tired of the same old arguments and baiting techniques and as I said before, thinly veiled attacks on others.

In short, I think most of us are sick of the game Dmitry is playing, but at the same point the "argument" he makes stands, which is sad.
    No, it doesn't at this point. His argument has been dead for the last few iterations of this shitty cycle. What would you expect to happen to a poster that linked blacks and crime repeatedly? Do you really think he would be treated better?

PROOF PROOF!

Feel free to put me on ignore. You've yet to say anything, even on the most trivial of topics, that I've yet to find worthwhile. And it'll probably save your mouse a few clicks between you hammering 'report post'.

If you look at every series that he plants around election time, people keep saying 'he has a point'. The problem is that he doesn't know when to stop. He's gone far beyond his days of poking Zedd for giggles, far beyond trying to show the weaknesses in the moderation system and ruleset, to just being a bully that's given way more freedom than most.

Gnizmo, you wonder how this thread has gotten so far away from Dmitry? Because it's easier to respond to my and Ialnyien than it is to respond to Dmitry.

~me

Ancient Arcanist
    Blog Entries

The concept of debating the posts rather than the poster is dead, and the liberal side has more bodies admittedly. We really do need to let mods moderate without a report.
    Agree on the second point. The report-based moderation is great in terms of "feeling" democratic, but in reality it just means people that don't tend to complain (like Torcer, for instance) will just have shit bottle up inside of them until they blow. Having mods be allowed to moderate both in response to reports and on their own could ameliorate that.
    Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.

Elder Arcanist

Feel free to put me on ignore. You've yet to say anything, even on the most trivial of topics, that I've yet to find worthwhile. And it'll probably save your mouse a few clicks between you hammering 'report post'.

If you look at every series that he plants around election time, people keep saying 'he has a point'. The problem is that he doesn't know when to stop. He's gone far beyond his days of poking Zedd for giggles, far beyond trying to show the weaknesses in the moderation system and ruleset, to just being a bully that's given way more freedom than most.

Gnizmo, you wonder how this thread has gotten so far away from Dmitry? Because it's easier to respond to my and Ialnyien than it is to respond to Dmitry.
    You say that in the same post where you keep railing against Ialn on a topic barely related to the main point. Are you saying it is easier for you to poke Ianlyien than poke at Dmitry?

PROOF PROOF!

You say that in the same post where you keep railing against Ialn on a topic barely related to the main point. Are you saying it is easier for you to poke Ianlyien than poke at Dmitry?
    Not sure what you're reading, but whatever.

It's easier for people to respond to the distractions (Ial and myself) than Dmitry. It feels like a foregone conclusion that not much is going to happen with regards to his behavior.

~me