Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: What exactly is a hostile environment?

PROOF PROOF!

Re: What exactly is a hostile environment?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelon View Post
    However, his antics are a symptom of the problem that he (either intentionally or unintentionally) points out - the fact that the rules are ridiculous, they are hypocritically and inconsistently enforced, and as a consequence,...
    In an effort to be overly verbose, you're struggling to add deeper meaning to Dmitry's actions than what they are: him trolling for attention.

At one point, many of us would have agreed that he had some deeper goal, but face reality, he's a grown man acting like a child on the internet. No amount of polysyllabic masturbation is going to change that.
    ...this place has become a place that only welcomes people who conform to the views held by the shrinking elite.
    Not everyone has join dates going back to the 90s. If the regular postership is going down, it's because this is a forum based on a game that next to no one plays. Gee, you think there's a reason that we don't get new people every 4 seconds? As for people being welcome, if we allowed Dmitry to have his way with "faggot" threads all day, how welcome would that be?
    While it may be "more pleasant when Dmitry is gone" -- and while he is certainly a jerk and probably does deserve a banning for his abusive and disruptive posts -- I think what you are trying to convey is that those who remain on this board find that it's more pleasant when it's just one big sounding board where everyone is saying the same thing.
    Stop putting words into her mouth. Alikat didn't say that at all, but you are.

It's possible to "say something" without "Faggot" being a primary component of the 'not about gay people' discussion.

No amount of existentialistic overblown Tweetwhacking will turn the seed of this discussion into something that it's not. Dmitry is not a part of some greater scheme of things. He's just a guy misbehaving, that has an unusual amount of defense, intentional or otherwise.
    Every married man is wrong. We just wait for the wife to tell us when, where, and about what.

~me

Formerly: Baelan Shadowbane
    Mad Vizier
    Devil Dog

Has the boards activity gone down? Of course it has. Is it because of the admin and mods? Not really no. What has happened is we have aged (Even you Apallo). We have families, children, other activities that allow us less time to spend on the board. Is Graffes dying? Not even remotely.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelon
    While it may be "more pleasant when Dmitry is gone" -- and while he is certainly a jerk and probably does deserve a banning for his abusive and disruptive posts -- I think what you are trying to convey is that those who remain on this board find that it's more pleasant when it's just one big sounding board where everyone is saying the same thing.
    We don't speak for other people here, and we do not put words in their mouth. You have a bad habit of doing that and it needs to stop most ricky-tick.

"With your shield, or on it"

Self congratulatory smugness that flies in the face of facts. Welcome to Graffe's.

Formerly: Baelan Shadowbane
    Mad Vizier
    Devil Dog

Quote Originally Posted by DmitrytheWizzy View Post
    Self congratulatory smugness that flies in the face of facts. Welcome to Graffe's.
    The only "fact" we have is that posters have stated you as being the reason they have left or reduced their time here. All else - Kaelon's pronouncing Graffes dead or my theorizing is just a guess.

"With your shield, or on it"

Lord Inquisitor Lenin

Continue to make your points without homophobia and you might convince people. That is, if you have any point besides homophobia.

No one here is interested in having their ideas challenged. You all just want to act as each others echo chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninetoes View Post
    The only "fact" we have is that posters have stated you as being the reason they have left or reduced their time here. All else - Kaelon's pronouncing Graffes dead or my theorizing is just a guess.

Oh please. One contrary poster drove away the itty bitty wittle sensitive gay boys? What? With all you big strong men saving them? LOL

Entropy happens

Since you're interested in facts, I'm still waiting for your reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarbonius View Post
    So it's not the rule itself, then. It's the unequal application of the rule to a specific group that you object to.

Back that up. Cite one example of mods/admins going out of the way to protect gays unreasonably, OTHER than the threads you have started to prove that very point.

Since you're interested in facts, I'm still waiting for your reply.
    1. Pedophile Homosexuals
    2. Faygoats.
    3. This last debacle.

PROOF PROOF!

Quote Originally Posted by That you missed
    OTHER than the threads you have started to prove that very point.
    Every married man is wrong. We just wait for the wife to tell us when, where, and about what.

~me

Entropy happens

1. Pedophile Homosexuals
    2. Faygoats.
    3. This last debacle.
    So, aside from your own trolling, you've got one thread from May 2009? Interesting.

Ok, what's your solution? Clearly, you disagree with the mods having discretion to interpret the phrase "express bigotry". How should such issues (whether they're related to race, religion, orientation or whatever) be decided? By what criteria should posts be judged to see if they qualify as "express bigotry"?

Every thread involving gays proves my point. In fact, the point need not really have been gays, it could just as well have been any liberal point of view. The special protections afforded gays is just the most obvious.

So, aside from your own trolling, you've got one thread from May 2009? Interesting.

Ok, what's your solution? Clearly, you disagree with the mods having discretion to interpret the phrase "express bigotry". How should such issues (whether they're related to race, religion, orientation or whatever) be decided?
    There are literally hundreds. Search for gay, homosexual etc and every thread you find will prove the point.

Search for every thread about gay marriage. Look at every thread having to do with gay rights in general. Look at every thread where, instead of mounting a cogent argument the Gaynazi brigade just went screaming to the mods. I estimate there are probably a hundred here.

Entropy happens

There are literally hundreds. Search for gay, homosexual etc and every thread you find will prove the point.

Search for every thread about gay marriage. Look at every thread having to do with gay rights in general. Look at every thread where, instead of mounting a cogent argument the Gaynazi brigade just went screaming to the mods. I estimate there are probably a hundred here.
    Sorry, I've looked through about 20 threads so far (the search feature really doesn't work very well since the Vbulletin upgrade a while back), and the only mod action I'm seeing is for civility, not express bigotry.

In any case, I'll ask you again - what's your solution? What would you change in order to solve the problem as you see it?

Again... protection of teh gays.

My solution? No modification for content. Free ideas freely expressed are their own good. In the marketplace of ideas - good ideas sell and poor ones fail. NO modification for content ever.

Entropy happens

My solution? No modification for content. Free ideas freely expressed are their own good. In the marketplace of ideas - good ideas sell and poor ones fail. NO modification for content ever.
    So, why aren't you posting racist diatribes then?

Stand up for your principles, Dmitry.

Check the
    Track Record
    Blog Entries

This site, and quite frankly nearly every other forum out there, does not and never will allow racism, antisemitism, or homophobia. That there is our starting point. I'm certainly open to feedback on identification and reaction, but I am not open to moving that starting point. I cannot fathom a successful argument where allowing those makes this forum stronger.

Elder Arcanist

This site is pretty much done in terms of politics. Any conservatives left on this site don't even post in threads any longer because the elite just shouts them down. God forbid a good point is made. Kaelon strikes the nail on the head that has been spoken about many many times over. Posters even here continue to shout down, and a golf-clap for Grindel for even thinking about it, but nothing will be done.

The community has pushed out 95% of the conservatives (Read Republicans) on this site, and continues to do so to those that are left. They attack with such vitriol when you disagree, that its not even worth posting 9 times out of 10.

PROOF PROOF!

Don't read the threads on Politics then.

Wow. That was such a difficult problem to solve.

Option #2: Don't say batshit insane nonsense that you can't defend. You and Torcer often trapped yourselves in corners when it came to political arguments. That's not you getting shouted down, that's you losing a debate.

~me