Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Official Vote on Ban for Dmitry

Re: Official Vote on Ban for Dmitry

Quote Originally Posted by ClaudShatterglass View Post
    Someday you'll learn that not everything has a yes or no answer, young padawan. Considering your major contributions to these boards have been a thread celebrating 9/11 and a limp-wristed attempt to get another poster banned because he violated your precious hosting, I'll take your opinion with a grain of salt.
    Then if you don't want him banned, vote no, and move the fuck on. My "contributions" to this board has nothing to do with anything. I didn't disrupt the forums for the past year on and off of being banned and making a fucking circus out of the fucking place. Sitting out on a vote doesn't do a goddamn thing. Take a stance.

Elder Arcanist

Frozen, it's easy for you to talk big. I realize you think you can do this better than me, but you aren't the one that has to do it. Pardon the hell out of me for not rushing to jump on the ban-Dmitry bandwagon.

D E N I E D !
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Layonya View Post
    Frozen, it's easy for you to talk big. I realize you think you can do this better than me, but you aren't the one that has to do it. Pardon the hell out of me for not rushing to jump on the ban-Dmitry bandwagon.
    When it comes to if the community trusts his judgment for this kind of thing, the vote on that pretty was fairly decisive. Again, grains of salt.

D E N I E D !
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen-Solid View Post
    Then if you don't want him banned, vote no, and move the fuck on. My "contributions" to this board has nothing to do with anything. I didn't disrupt the forums for the past year on and off of being banned and making a fucking circus out of the fucking place. Sitting out on a vote doesn't do a goddamn thing. Take a stance.
    I did, young man, you just think that yes and no are the only choices. Like I said, in time, you'll know better, but for now, maybe one in ten people here thinks you have any kind of competent judgment. There was an actual poll on that, if you recall.

Ancient Arcanist
    Blog Entries

I echo Maledict's thoughts on this - no mod should feel pressured either way.

Honestly, I am still considering my vote. But I'm always like that - wait until the last minute so I carefully weigh everything. My wife hates that about me.
    Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.

There are THREE threads in meditation discussing what to do with dmitry and no one can make a decision. The board isn't rushing into anything, it's been crawling on your hands and knees for the past year.

Clearly the better option is to wait another 6 months of debating about what to do and never actually do anything, meanwhile Dmitry continues to post pink gorillas and other images that are pathetic infantile wordplays just like "faygoat" and "holemole", though now he's stretching so far that it's retarded. Anyone who thinks the gorillas are anything but the same as faygoats is kidding themselves.

Elder Arcanist

If I were your wife, I would hate it too - between the two of us, we'd never get anything done!

Formerly: Mdar
    Follow the Free Man
    Livestock Pimp
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Layonya View Post
    If I were your wife, I would hate it too - between the two of us, we'd never get anything done!
    Not even each other?
    What do you despise? By this are you truly known.

It is only when the well nears dry do we think to ration supply.

Quote Originally Posted by DmitrytheWizzy View Post
    Mdar posts less than Graffe.
    After a forum update
    Quelian> Oh god how do I get the forums back into title only listings for posts!? OMG THE UNREADABLE
    nadiar-work> I WILL FUCKING MURDER YOU
    Quelian> my job is done here

Quote Originally Posted by Lunal View Post
    I echo Maledict's thoughts on this - no mod should feel pressured either way.

Honestly, I am still considering my vote. But I'm always like that - wait until the last minute so I carefully weigh everything. My wife hates that about me.

To ban or not to ban that is the question....

Sorry no time to pinkify it.

D E N I E D !
    Blog Entries

There are THREE threads in meditation discussing what to do with dmitry and no one can make a decision. The board isn't rushing into anything, it's been crawling on your hands and knees for the past year.

Clearly the better option is to wait another 6 months of debating about what to do and never actually do anything, meanwhile Dmitry continues to post pink gorillas and other images that are pathetic infantile wordplays just like "faygoat" and "holemole", though now he's stretching so far that it's retarded. Anyone who thinks the gorillas are anything but the same as faygoats is kidding themselves.
    Thank you for making the point for me why I couldn't vote to ban Dmitry. He hasn't done anything wrong since he's come back this second time, he's just been annoying. The gorilla pictures are stupid, but if he wants to have his own secret homophobic code in his head, whatever. My job, apparently, is to crack down when his code stops being subtle.

My job, apparently, is to crack down when his code stops being subtle.

ohhhh now that is among the first really interesting things someone has said.

Hmmmm even though I specifically said Faygoat is not faggot" you think I was subtely implying it was?

D E N I E D !
    Blog Entries

I think that you were full of shit and using a made up word to get as close to faggot as you could, while being able to turn around and say "no I wasn't, no I wasn't!" Same with "flay groat". I figure if a google search didn't turn up any instances of the words being used together, you were making it up to try and say "faggot" with a razor thin shred of plausible deniability. Which no one bought into.

And no, you weren't subtle about it, which is why I deleted the post. And changed the content in it before, but in retrospect I would have just deleted it the first time.

I think that you were full of shit and using a made up word to get as close to faggot as you could, while being able to turn around and say "no I wasn't, no I wasn't!" Same with "flay groat". I figure if a google search didn't turn up any instances of the words being used together, you were making it up to try and say "faggot" with a razor thin shred of plausible deniability. Which no one bought into.

You don't get to define what is in my head. Your being offended is not the basis for moderation. If called upon to find it, I am sure I said the same thing when those stupid rules were put in place.

The PC fucktardedness of overly sensitive people looking to be offended ruling the day at a place like Graffe's is dumb, counter to the long history of the place and something anyone with half a brain here should be railing against as much as I. That and certain people have such a high opinion of themselves that they can't take being mocked.

Caution Falling Geologist

You know, this topic becomes a heckuvalot shorter when Dmitry is on ignore.

Sad part, something like 9 years at Graffes (or is it 8? /shrug, dunno anymore), and I finally had to figure out how to put someone on ignore.
    "We live in a society absolutely dependent on science and technology and yet have cleverly arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. That's a clear prescription for disaster."
    -Carl Sagan

D E N I E D !
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DmitrytheWizzy View Post
    You don't get to define what is in my head. Your being offended is not the basis for moderation. If called upon to find it, I am sure I said the same thing when those stupid rules were put in place.
    I don't get to debate what's in your head, but I do get the right to make judgment calls on this board as to what violates our forum rules; although I'd much rather just dispense with them entirely. I made the judgment call that you were performing some pretty pathetic and transparent wordplay with the word "faggot". The board entrusted me with that capacity when we elected moderators.

The fact that you're still playing this "oh, no I didn't mean that, I just constructed a lot of nonsense words that were close to it" game is why I couldn't vote to keep you around.

This is great, between you and Frozen-Solid you're pretty much validating my vote to abstain, and I figured I'd get a great degree of shit about that.

Elder Arcanist

The test is simple. Take someone from off the board, and show them one of your posts.

Fay-goat - absolutely, no questions asked. It is dumb, stupid, offensive and homophobic. I can't find a single person who doesn't think you're being a bigot with that stuff. It's not just offensive (which is something we cope with daily), it's homophobic and out-right against the community's rules.

Dumb gorrila's - meh. I know what you're getting at, but to be frank you're so wrapped up in your little games at this point I don't think it matters. No-ones going to look at a pink gorrilla and start thinking the board tolerates homophobia. Only the poor sods who actually read your posts. It's dumb and stupid, but that's hardly a crime at Graffes.

That's why none of those have been moderated. And this ban, with the bad timing and all, is for the initial actions that got you re-suspended - not the gorrilla stuff. Regardless of what you might think, I don't moderate based on people's thoughts. But when you spam the forums with faggot, it's not exactly a subtle gesture.

Thank you for making the point for me why I couldn't vote to ban Dmitry.
    And yet you said you abstained from voting. If that's the case, vote no. Move on, and let Dmitry continue to do whatever it is he's doing. I honestly don't see how this is so hard. Do I think he should be banned? Sure, but if he's not who gives a fuck? He's a troll, but every once in a while he's actually a funny troll. Right now, he's just being an idiot and trying to make some stupid ass point.

99% Bacon Free
    Blog Entries

In the 9/11 thread, so many were of the "don't feed the troll" mindset. Many others were of the opinion we should let the community patrol itself. Almost nobody felt it would be appropriate to stifle even outrageous statements in the name of free speech.

99% Bacon Free
    Blog Entries

And yet you said you abstained from voting. If that's the case, vote no. Move on, and let Dmitry continue to do whatever it is he's doing. I honestly don't see how this is so hard. Do I think he should be banned? Sure, but if he's not who gives a fuck? He's a troll, but every once in a while he's actually a funny troll. Right now, he's just being an idiot and trying to make some stupid ass point.
    Previously, you were very much the face of saying outrageous things in the name of free speech.

PROOF PROOF!

This is great, between you and Frozen-Solid you're pretty much validating my vote to abstain, and I figured I'd get a great degree of shit about that.
    Letting others decide your vote for you.

I think your platform when running for mod was less like this.
    Every married man is wrong. We just wait for the wife to tell us when, where, and about what.

~me