Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forum Rules (24/03/2009)

Re: Forum Rules (24/03/2009)

Quote Originally Posted by milaru View Post
    No, he wasn't. You however weren't for no good reason, other than the mods feeling like removing trolling compares to a lynching.
    Water under the bridge... I forgive and forget... you should too... better living through anger management and the use of capital letters.

Chair warmer, Sector 7G

Yeah, listen to Dmitry, he knows all about how anger can fuck up your relations with other people. Look how he went from being fairly well-liked around here to being widely considered a megadouche just because he couldn't keep a hold on his temper. His personality never changed, but public perception of it changed a lot. I think that's because when people get angry enough, their carefully-constructed masks of geniality slip off and people see the Borderline Personality Disorder hiding underneath.

Quote Originally Posted by Alikat Astrae View Post
    Yeah, listen to Dmitry, he knows all about how anger can fuck up your relations with other people. Look how he went from being fairly well-liked around here to being widely considered a megadouche just because he couldn't keep a hold on his temper. His personality never changed, but public perception of it changed a lot. I think that's because when people get angry enough, their carefully-constructed masks of geniality slip off and people see the Borderline Personality Disorder hiding underneath.
    yawn.... you couldn't get me to lose my temper in a thousand years.

Lord Inquisitor Lenin

Perception is all that matters.

PROOF PROOF!

So.

Dmitry going insane, taking a dump on the boards, and specifically on the chest of both mod teams is peachy and you guys seem pretty amped to forget the whole thing.

Zedd removing himself and saying something remarkably stupid and you guys are off re-writing rules to apply after-the-fact.

Neat.
    Every married man is wrong. We just wait for the wife to tell us when, where, and about what.

~me

Quote Originally Posted by Apallohadas View Post
    So.

Zedd removing himself and saying something remarkably stupid and you guys are off re-writing rules to apply after-the-fact.
    Not sure what this refers to.

Chair warmer, Sector 7G

Quote Originally Posted by DmitrytheWizzy View Post
    yawn.... you couldn't get me to lose my temper in a thousand years.
    Don't worry, I have no intention of trying, I don't play mind games with sociopaths, I consider them inadequately armed for any battle of wits.

Elder Arcanist

Actually, the only reason Zedd was even brought up is because he did the same stupid thing Ialnyien did, threaten legal action against the boards or another poster. Preventing headaches is what this rule is about, not necessarily fear of an actual suit.

Do you really think Ianlyien has the ability to sue Graffe's? Let me just ask you this? Who would he sue and how would he perfect service?
    He never said he would sue the site, he said he was going to sue Milaru for slander. Or something.

Elder Arcanist
    Blog Entries

The new moderators on this forum have so far shown that they are useless.

Elder Arcanist

Thanks for your opinion. The group hug is to your left.

Elder Arcanist

Quote Originally Posted by Cilumbik View Post
    The new moderators on this forum have so far shown that they are useless.
    What can I say, I aim to please!
    You can never know everything, and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyways.

Chair warmer, Sector 7G

Isn't that from a sign posted over a urinal in a bar? "We aim to please, so you aim too, please!"

PROOF PROOF!

Quote Originally Posted by Layonya View Post
    Actually, the only reason Zedd was even brought up is because he did the same stupid thing Ialnyien did, threaten legal action against the boards or another poster.
    Which of these happened first? Zedd or Ialyien?
    Preventing headaches is what this rule is about, not necessarily fear of an actual suit.
    I do not believe this, and I find it hard to think that you feel that it's true.

Logically, the board should engage in a certain amount of CYA, but don't pour syrup on shit and call it pancakes. That's just not tasty.

If Zedd's going to be banned, let him be banned, but don't make up a rule to retroactively apply.
    Every married man is wrong. We just wait for the wife to tell us when, where, and about what.

~me

Elder Arcanist

The rule was never about Zedd. He threatened to sue after he demanded all his posts be removed and his account banned. He was obliged. Ianlyien then threatened to sue Milaru (cause, ya know, it worked so well before!), and got banned.

The reasoning behind not having the rule there before was that the people in charge at the time figured it was common sense - you threaten the board, you get banned. Apparently, though, there is a need to have this in black and white.

Chair warmer, Sector 7G

Didn't Muddvz do something like that before Zedd OR Ianlyen did, and got banned for it? He didn't just threaten to go to Mosso, he actually sent Mosso a complaint that he CCed to one of the Mods.

Elder Arcanist
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoranafofPrexus View Post
    What can I say, I aim to please!
    You are the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Alikat Astrae View Post
    Didn't Muddvz do something like that before Zedd OR Ianlyen did, and got banned for it? He didn't just threaten to go to Mosso, he actually sent Mosso a complaint that he CCed to one of the Mods.
    Yes. He was offended I told the boards the proper way to smoke some herb.

Mangina at large.

So the rule is really about Ianlyien, since he didn't go after the board itself the way Zedd threatened and thus wasn't covered by the old "threaten the board" rule. Correct?

Mangina at large.

Oh, and on the rule itself: I agree with giving the boot to someone who threatens legal action. Even if the legal action is somehow justified, that's not the sort of thing Graffe's should be dragged into. However, will we be seeing proper Halls of Mediation threads set up telling the rest of the board that Soandso is banned, violation of rule X? Ianlyien was outright banned and this is really the first any of us have heard of why, and the fact that it can be done based on material that the rest of the board can't see and can only be appealed after six months does make me a bit uneasy.

#YesAllCats
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maledict View Post
    This is an update to the rules. It's short and sweet.

Any threat of legal action against the board, the mod team, or other posters on the board will result in banning.

It is absolutely a no go for the board, under any circumstances. We shouldn't have to say this, as every other board in existance would do it automatically, but to repeat - banning, straight up. We are not subjecting members to RL harassment and being blackmailed by threats of legal action just because someone doesn't like the contents of a conversation.
    I'd amend the rule to say any real-life threat against the board, the mod team, or other posters is against the rules. That eliminates a gigantic class of bullshit that hasn't ever proved to be beneficial.