Thread: How are you folks doing with Strikethrough?

Oni
    Blog Entries

How are you folks doing with Strikethrough?

Seems to be a big issue. I recently got my key and got to go inside and my guild seems to have its tanks suffering from strikethrough problems. Any experiences or advice (rants?) you'd like to share?
    "Don't yell at S-D for using words you're not completely sure of, it embarrasses you. He's right anyway." - Alikat

Re: How are you folks doing with Strikethrough?

Quote Originally Posted by Star-Demon View Post
    Seems to be a big issue. I recently got my key and got to go inside and my guild seems to have its tanks suffering from strikethrough problems. Any experiences or advice (rants?) you'd like to share?
    is this a new issue?

if not, make sure your raid force has the proper people utilizing STR debuffs
    monks/paly/shaman/disc/necro

it can take a 5k-6k strikethrough down to 2-3k.
    EQ1 65 Wizard
    EQ2 70 Wizard
    VSoH 50 Sorcerer - Retired.
    AoC 80 Guardian - 76 Demonologist

Oni
    Blog Entries

interesting, as I think they currently think there's nothing we can do about it. I'll spread the word about STR. Thanks!
    "Don't yell at S-D for using words you're not completely sure of, it embarrasses you. He's right anyway." - Alikat

Forum Channeler

try health gear as well, together with the 30 sec shield we have they can make a huge difference. On the other hand your dps will drop by 20-30%, even more.

Of course health gear needs prime vielthread. And you may also try aquamarine with hp and con on it.

A mage can easily get 9k+ hp with this gear...... ..And necro meat of course

Forum Apprentice

Try a single target Bloodmage pact on the tank. This should take the edge off the spike damage.

Oni
    Blog Entries

Seems since I made a reminder about debuffing that things have worked out. What it was is that there were times we forget to reapply. We've been doing fine otherwise considering we've taken on a lot of new raiders. (myself being one)

Forum Channeler

that is indeed good news

Forum Wizard

Yes star- Demon... EVERYONE needs to be debuffing... also diversity is the KEY... the more different classes you have the more stacking buffs and debuffs. Tanks should be trying to get as much mitigation/HP gear as POSSIBLE bearing in mind that 65 percent is the cap against level mobs.. .They will need close to 87 percent mitigation total (mind you the game wont show past 65 so it will have to be self calculated) to have cap mitigation against a raid mob. And this is for melee only. Spell is not too bad though and very situational so just a couple of gear swaps and a bard can cover spell mitigation fairly well.

And nukers just need to hold back a lil in the beginning over everyone else and you gain some extra survivability by reducing the agro pull chances (now there are some burn fights where you wont be able to really hold back and you will have to manage your agro a bit more skillfully) Forget works alot better than people think if you use it right. Also you can get HP gear to help you out but to be honest i have been able to get away without having HP gear so far by just being careful. With buffs i can survive through an AOE or two without having any extra HP gear. Anyways this may be info you already know.. if not i hope it helps. if you are on Seradon at all Star-Demon look me up as Naiyrah. I'd be happy to chit chat with you in game some how.. maybe learn a few things from each other
    Last edited by Naiyrah; July 24th, 2008 at 10:53 AM.

Oni
    Blog Entries

Now that I've hit 50 I'm noticing that I'm pulling a lot more. Thankfully I've only gotten myself killed, and we have skilled players from EQ (myself being one :P)...unfortunately I find myself casting forget every time on boss fights...last night we did librarian...Umm...yeah. Forget like every opportunity I get. Yes, I used taqs. BWAHAHAA!

I hit for 67k...I'm so proud of myself! It only goes up from here with my shitty gear!

Forum Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Star-Demon View Post
    I hit for 67k...I'm so proud of myself! It only goes up from here with my shitty gear!
    *cough* General Vicus *cough*

On a slightly different note the Sky Pirates are also good cannon fodder without any special abilities and can't forget a certain floating eyeball with teeth that is weak to arcane (one of Zaygius's guards).
    Last edited by xukisy; July 24th, 2008 at 05:56 PM.