Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 262

Thread: Recent Moderation Bruhahah

  1. #61
    Ancient Arcanist
    Lunal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    26,444
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Recent Moderation Bruhahah

    Quote Originally Posted by Wandor View Post
    I thought you were going to put me on ignore. In any case, it's not a matter of thinking for myself. It's a matter of not having my head up Dmitry's ass. At least I can recognize that his "starting shit" is ruining the community.
    Dude you should talk. Your big FUCK signature was one of the worst things I've ever seen on these boards. Right up there with the tubgirl threads of long ago in their idiocy.
    Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.

  2. #62
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes
    The Prince
    milaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    7,993

    Re: Recent Moderation Bruhahah

    Quote Originally Posted by Wandor View Post
    I thought you were going to put me on ignore. In any case, it's not a matter of thinking for myself. It's a matter of not having my head up Dmitry's ass. At least I can recognize that his "starting shit" is ruining the community.
    too bad you aren't smart enough to realize starting some of your own isn't the way to fix anything

  3. #63
    Formerly: Tvek
    Where are we going, and
    Ordith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: Recent Moderation Bruhahah

    Quote Originally Posted by Lunal View Post
    Dude you should talk. Your big FUCK signature was one of the worst things I've ever seen on these boards. Right up there with the tubgirl threads of long ago in their idiocy.
    His signature with FUCK in it was to make a point. Dmitry just causes drama to get his jollies off. Hey good idea, if it causes arousal, it should be against the rules. Dmitry gets off on drama, so drama should be against the rules.
    "One shall stand. One shall fall." -Optimus Prime
    postCount++;

  4. #64
    #YesAllCats
    Goladus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    25,092
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Recent Moderation Bruhahah

    Dmitry just causes drama to get his jollies off.
    You all can keep repeating this if you want, but it just makes everyone dumber.

  5. #65
    Chair warmer, Sector 7G
    Alikat Astrae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    44,201

    Re: Recent Moderation Bruhahah

    Let's see, Dmitry irritates or annoys Nadiar and Wandor, so they respond by trying to get people fired from their jobs. I see absolutely no sense of proportion here. It's as if Ordith is applauding arson, murder, and mayhem because at least it took care of that darn parking problem in the neighborhood.

  6. #66
    Formerly: Baelan Shadowbane
    Mad Vizier
    Devil Dog
    Ninetoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    24,269

    Re: Recent Moderation Bruhahah

    Quote Originally Posted by Goladus View Post
    You all can keep repeating this if you want, but it just makes everyone dumber.
    And you can continue to pretend it's not true, but it just bores everyone.

    "With your shield, or on it"

  7. #67
    Ancient Arcanist
    Lunal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    26,444
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Recent Moderation Bruhahah

    Quote Originally Posted by Ordith View Post
    His signature with FUCK in it was to make a point. Dmitry just causes drama to get his jollies off. Hey good idea, if it causes arousal, it should be against the rules. Dmitry gets off on drama, so drama should be against the rules.
    I know why he made it, it was as obvious as the nose on my face. What I think he lost is any high ground since he made this site less work safe than anything Dmitry has ever done.
    Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.

  8. #68
    Chair warmer, Sector 7G
    Alikat Astrae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    44,201

    Re: Recent Moderation Bruhahah

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninetoes View Post
    And you can continue to pretend it's not true, but it just bores everyone.
    Try to keep things in perspective. You are a working man. I am sure you can imagine what it's like to be working in an office situation where you have your duties covered well and there are many short bursts of "downtime" while you wait for compilers to run or whatever, so you use the Web to keep yourself awake. Then all of a sudden a couple of jackholes get a burr under their saddles and decide to randomly make your favorite forum NSFW when it's always been OK before. Sexually-oriented images and large flashing red obscenities that can be seen from half a room away start showing up everywhere.

    Isn't that a whole lot worse than just being an irritating gadfly like the way you guys perceive Dmitry? In one case, you have a guy posting slightly annoying or irritating things in regular body text, in another you have guys actively trying to get you into trouble at work.

    Perspective, man, just because you hate Dmitry doesn't mean that what he does is anywhere NEARLY as bad as what Nadiar and Wandor did. They tried to get people fired from their jobs so that they become homeless penniless people with no medical insurance or even a safe place to sleep. Dmitry, on the other hand, has provided as much free legal advice as the law allows him to, and possibly helped to SAVE someone's job or money in the past.

  9. #69
    #YesAllCats
    Goladus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    25,092
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Recent Moderation Bruhahah

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninetoes View Post
    And you can continue to pretend it's not true, but it just bores everyone.
    I'm trying to be boring on purpose, and I'm not pretending anything is or isn't true. Whether it's true or not isn't the point, the point is that it's stupid. And by stupid, I mean reflecting an inability to distinguish important details. I mean stupid in a way that can motivate unwise behavior.

    I can describe several different events (at least four), and in each event Dmitry behaves differently, with a different purpose and different objectives. His tactics show some similarities each time, but there are some differences as well. They have changed over time, and have been aimed at different goals. All you are doing is fabricating motivations out of thin air based on gross observation of the consequences and your own prejudice.

    In this case, I quoted precisely Voca's dispassionate description of behavior that shows that he worked with moderators to achieve his goals in a less dramatic way. I am pretending nothing. You can choose to ignore that if you wish, remaining willfully ignorant of plain facts. You can choose to misrepresent me by claiming I'm pretending things, which is wrong and rude. You can choose to remain pessimistic and only see the BAD part of the vaguest idea of the big picture. You can complain that I am boring in one post and complain about drama in the next.

    Or you can make an actual case for why punishing people wouldn't just make things worse for no good god damn reason. If you can't do that simple thing, I'm not going to waste any more fucking time with you.

  10. #70
    Formerly: Baelan Shadowbane
    Mad Vizier
    Devil Dog
    Ninetoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    24,269

    Re: Recent Moderation Bruhahah

    I'd love to respond Goladus, but if you don't understand why punishments are important then playing word games with you won't help.

    Ali - will be responding to you, but Im raiding and Goladus didnt require much effort to be honest.

    "With your shield, or on it"

  11. #71
    #YesAllCats
    Goladus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    25,092
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Recent Moderation Bruhahah

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninetoes View Post
    I'd love to respond Goladus, but if you don't understand why punishments are important then playing word games with you won't help.
    This doesn't even make sense.

  12. #72
    Formerly: Baelan Shadowbane
    Mad Vizier
    Devil Dog
    Ninetoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    24,269

    Re: Recent Moderation Bruhahah

    Quote Originally Posted by Goladus View Post
    This doesn't even make sense.
    In single words so you don't get confused:

    I'm
    not
    going
    to
    play
    word
    games
    with
    you
    Goladus

    You were hugged too much as a child and not spanked enough..so you don't understand how effective punishment can be. Sad,pathetic even - be understandable

    "With your shield, or on it"

  13. #73
    #YesAllCats
    Goladus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    25,092
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Recent Moderation Bruhahah

    What are "word games?"

    Graffe posters are not children except for Ikeya.

  14. #74
    Formerly: Baelan Shadowbane
    Mad Vizier
    Devil Dog
    Ninetoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    24,269

    Re: Recent Moderation Bruhahah

    Quote Originally Posted by Goladus View Post
    What are "word games?"

    Graffe posters are not children except for Ikeya.
    Word games is what someone who cannot grasp the necessity of punishment plays.

    Use consequences if it sticks in your craw less...however the basic concept remains: You fuck up, something bad happens.

    "With your shield, or on it"

  15. #75
    Formerly: Baelan Shadowbane
    Mad Vizier
    Devil Dog
    Ninetoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    24,269

    Re: Recent Moderation Bruhahah

    Quote Originally Posted by Alikat Astrae View Post
    Try to keep things in perspective. You are a working man. I am sure you can imagine what it's like to be working in an office situation where you have your duties covered well and there are many short bursts of "downtime" while you wait for compilers to run or whatever, so you use the Web to keep yourself awake. Then all of a sudden a couple of jackholes get a burr under their saddles and decide to randomly make your favorite forum NSFW when it's always been OK before. Sexually-oriented images and large flashing red obscenities that can be seen from half a room away start showing up everywhere.

    Isn't that a whole lot worse than just being an irritating gadfly like the way you guys perceive Dmitry? In one case, you have a guy posting slightly annoying or irritating things in regular body text, in another you have guys actively trying to get you into trouble at work.

    Perspective, man, just because you hate Dmitry doesn't mean that what he does is anywhere NEARLY as bad as what Nadiar and Wandor did. They tried to get people fired from their jobs so that they become homeless penniless people with no medical insurance or even a safe place to sleep. Dmitry, on the other hand, has provided as much free legal advice as the law allows him to, and possibly helped to SAVE someone's job or money in the past.
    This isn't an either/or situation Ali - my statements regarding Dmitry and what I feel should have been done in no what reflect support or agreement with what Wandor and Nadiar did.

    See this is in many ways about intentions - You say Nadiar and Wandor intended to get folks fired, "tried to get them fired to be exact". I disagree - I think they wanted to make a point about sigs and the brouhaha. Whether or not it was the best path I'm not sure - I know I felt the temptation but I restrained myself not wanting to further enflame what was already an overdrawn dramafest. lux says Daph intended to push the boundaries, I disagree there as well. I don't talk to Daphinue but I have never known her to be someone who would intentionally dosomething liek that. Think whatever else you may of her, but pushing the rules isn't her. And we come,finally,to Dmitry's assertion that he intended only to understand Daph and get her to change the sig. Again, I disagree. Were those Dmitry's intentions it could have been handled through PMs and a report if/when she ignored his request. But that is not what Dmitry did - he called her out publicly. He knew precisely what the reaction would be - look at how he practically gloats about how many pages his thread is and how many views it has. That is not the action of someone seeking change and understanding of another poster. That is the action of someone seeking to stir the pot and create drama.

    You say I hate Dmitry, but I don't. I like D - I consider him a friend (Yes that sounds odd given that Ive said he should be kicked from the board). With my wife's legal problems and my own search for employment I owe Dmitry. And on a personal level I consider him a friend. But, I have noticed that Dmitry cares more about getting reactions and winning than he does about the health of the board or the community. And that is what has prompted me to say I thought a ban was the appropriate action, not because I hate him, but because I care for Graffes. If I honestly thought D antics weren't harmful to the board I would be cheering him on, hell I was one of his most vociferous supporters until recently. And thats why you dont hear me calling for Wandor or Nadiar's heads - this was a one time action whereas Dmitry has done this and similar actions time and again.

    "With your shield, or on it"

  16. #76
    Chair warmer, Sector 7G
    Alikat Astrae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    44,201

    Re: Recent Moderation Bruhahah

    What exactly is the problem with Dmitry calling Daphinue out publicly for something? Is it that you perceive Daph as a helpless female in need of protection? What exactly is the crime inherent in calling someone out publicly for something? If he's barking up the wrong tree, it will become immediately apparent to all. The amount of vitriol aimed at him far exceeds the amount of actual drama he creates. It's the overreactions of people like you that make Dmitry seem larger than he actually is.

  17. #77
    Formerly: Baelan Shadowbane
    Mad Vizier
    Devil Dog
    Ninetoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    24,269

    Re: Recent Moderation Bruhahah

    Quote Originally Posted by Alikat Astrae View Post
    What exactly is the problem with Dmitry calling Daphinue out publicly for something? Is it that you perceive Daph as a helpless female in need of protection? What exactly is the crime inherent in calling someone out publicly for something? If he's barking up the wrong tree, it will become immediately apparent to all. The amount of vitriol aimed at him far exceeds the amount of actual drama he creates. It's the overreactions of people like you that make Dmitry seem larger than he actually is.
    Let me think on an answer, but I will say I don't perceive her to be helpless nor in need of me to defend her. I'll get back to you, I promise.

    "With your shield, or on it"

  18. #78
    Chair warmer, Sector 7G
    Alikat Astrae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    44,201

    Re: Recent Moderation Bruhahah

    What are you raiding anyway? Save me some purples!

  19. #79
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes
    The Prince
    milaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    7,993

    Re: Recent Moderation Bruhahah

    Quote Originally Posted by Alikat Astrae View Post
    What exactly is the problem with Dmitry calling Daphinue out publicly for something? Is it that you perceive Daph as a helpless female in need of protection? What exactly is the crime inherent in calling someone out publicly for something?
    At the very least there are two other methods that could have been attempted before a public calling out and would have caused less drama over something that seems simple for a majority of the working members of the board.

  20. #80
    #YesAllCats
    Goladus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    25,092
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Recent Moderation Bruhahah

    Quote Originally Posted by Milaru View Post
    At the very least there are two other methods that could have been attempted before a public calling out and would have caused less drama over something that seems simple for a majority of the working members of the board.
    I think you're right, but it might be worth asking what the threshold for "use a PM first" should be. Anything involving board rules and moderation?

    There are all manner of disputes on this board that would solved more easily and with less drama via PM. But people tend not to do that. Nobody uses PMs first. I certainly don't, and I basically never get preemptive PMs about anything.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •