View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

For posting about Politics

1. Countering the Call to Truancy

by , September 8th, 2009 at 11:18 AM (Grindel's Lil' Midlife Crisis Online)
    When I found out that my school district was one of the few who cow-towwed to fringe national politicians to block my son from watching his Commander-in-Chief give a presentation to call him to scholarship, the big, ugly mess that somehow passes for national politics suddenly landed at my front door. It's somewhat amusing watching the partisans on either side snipe at each other, and certainly the President can take care of himself.

However, these fringe elements made the mistake ...
  2. Democrats Need to Stop Being Democrats When Discussing Health Care Reform

by , August 11th, 2009 at 03:46 PM (Grindel's Lil' Midlife Crisis Online)
    This afternoon I received an email from one of the various interests out there on the Left arguing on behalf of health care reform. I have extreme reservations regarding the actual content of the House Bill as I’ve seen it, but in a general sense I am receptive of health care reform. However the email I received pointed out to me glaringly why the Democrats have lost control of the discussion on reform.

Everything I learned about marketing, I learned in high school (with much, ...

Updated August 11th, 2009 at 03:49 PM by Grindel

Categories
    Politics , Political Musings
  3. Political / Economic Definitions

by , August 4th, 2009 at 09:28 AM (Grindel's Lil' Midlife Crisis Online)
    In a lot of conversations we have around here, people throw around terms like 'liberal', 'conservative', etc. and I'm not sure they give the terms themselves much thought. Below are definitions I wrote up a couple months back on another board (with a couple minor edits to make the definitions more general to this board than specific to the other) that I think will help people understand what I mean when I use them in a discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Definition
    This is particularly difficult because right now