View RSS Feed

Khaymus

1. The lesson for this week

If I had to put into words what I was taught this week, it would be that while patience is a virtue, it doesn't hold a candle to persistence.

I had a good week.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Two months later...

So I'll start at the top with the updates.

The date didn't happen. I got a "let's be friends for now" letter that mostly cited her schedule making it impossible to have the dinner anytime soon. To her credit, she's not 100% wrong there. She's holding down 2 jobs (1 full time, 1 part time) and acting in 2 local community plays. Once the plays conclude in late October, she'll have about a week of relative freedom before schooling starts up again. To save everyone time reading, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Date update

Date/grill event went well. I did up a leg of lamb with rosemary and garlic and we all ate outside on the deck. Mother Nature was kind enough to get most of the rain out of her system an hour before everyone showed up. We let the ladies choose the movie out of a stack of my DVDs, so we ended up with "The Muppets Take Manhattan", which I hadn't seen since anyone in the room had been born. It was fun.

So now I get to freak out a little about our first actual (solo) date. Working ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Something new

Well, a couple months sure changes things.

I held my fire on the big letter and had a sit-down with my immediate supervisor. My main scheduling gripes are, for now at least, addressed. I'm at least getting regular relief 2 or 3 nights a week and he's not so cavalier about cancelling or moving my day off without making sure it's okay with me.

Payroll is a different issue. Still bad. No effort to fix it. So I edited the letter to remove the things that were addressed ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. A new dawn

The blog addition to Graffes is pretty neat. It'll certainly give me a way to vent without clogging up the forums with my own bloggish work drama.

So after exploring my options on the back pay I'm owed (covered in my November rant, http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54726), I've elected to put all my current grievances into a letter, including a summary of the outstanding wages, and send it certified to the owner and manager. This is actually the first step in the state ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized